*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465149-chapter3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1172973
The story of a girl who finds that her brother and her lives are based on a phrophocy
#465149 added October 29, 2006 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
chapter:3
"So what happened to Kirtan?" my brother Raj asked mom as she finished the story.

"Well Kirtan became the first imortal.It's said that he is the only imortal who has powers of anykind"she said her warm smile making me all giddy like it usually does.

"Cool!" Raj said as he began making whoosh noises pointing at me.

"What are you doing?"I asked him as i got up from the pillows we set up on the floor.

"Im zapping you with my crisma" He said poking me.

"Thats charisma"mom corrected as she picked both Raj and I up and hugged us.

I was always proud of how strong my mom was to be able to pick Raj and I up at the same time.He was much bigger then me and looked like he was 10 though we both were going to turn 7 soon.

"I will never tire of this sight"Came my fathers voice from the doorway.

"Daddy!" Raj and I said as we ran at his open arms.

I nuzled my head into his shoulder.I always loved how whenever he came home no matter how late he always smelt of the forest after a long rain.

"How are my birthday girl and boy?"He asked standing up and greeting mom with a kiss which made me and Raj fake barf.

"Oh you think your to good for a kiss huh?"Dad said as he grabbed me and Raj and attacked us with kisses on the cheek and tickles.

I got away and slid under his arm and hid behind mom laughing.

"Thiere birthday still isint for another 2 hours" Mom said picking me up and rolling her eyes at dad and Raj who were wrestling on the carpet.

Dad rolled on his back and played dead as Raj sat on him victorious.

"Im so glad your more like me then your father"Mom whispered in my ear as I giggled and played with her long black hair.

She smiled at me and I looked into her big green eyes happy that she was my mom as I buried my head into her shoulder tired from staying up to hear the story of the first vampire,werewolf,and imortal.

"I want a firetruck!"I heard Raj yell to dad who was picking him up obviously going to bring him to bed.

"And what do you want my little Lulu"Dad asked me as mom pulled the covers over me and Raj.

"my names not Lulu!"I said defiantly.

The truth was I loved him calling me Lulu it was much better then when he called me Luna Estrella when I did something bad and even better then Lunestra which my mom called me for short.

"She just wants to go to the river" Raj said from his bed next to mine.

I stuck out my tounge at him and he stuck his out back.Mom giggled and gave us both a kiss on the forhead.

"Well when you wake up well have presents ,and cake, and even go to the circus, then the river.How does that sound?"She asked from beetween us.

"The circus! Can i pet a elefat"Raj said purposly wrong.

"elephant. and yes"Mom corrected with a smile.

For some reason i felt a sudden chill down my spine like a ice cube running down my back as I looked at mom and dad who were smiling at me.

"Whats wrong Lulu?"Dad asked as I pulled the covers up over my head.

"Shes been having scary dreams" Raj told mom as he sat up in his bed looking at me.

"Well dont worry ill protect you" Dad said as he flexed his arms making me laugh.

"Remeber no one bad can touch you"Mom said at the door way.

I thought back to a month ago when I was in school and boy who sat behind me wanted to cut my hair. He couldent touch me no matter how hard he tried he couldent touch me.Mom said it was a protective bubble of love that kept anything bad from happening to me.Dad gave me and Raj a kiss goodnight and closed the door.After we heard them walk into the living roomRaj and I sat up.i looked down at my hair around my shoulders which was usually black as it slowly started turning white.

"Somethings gonna happen isint it"Raj said sitting on the side of his bed towards me looking at my hair.

I buried myself under the covers peeking out.Last time mom and dad saw my hair like that we had to move.So me and Raj started making shure that if it happened again we wouldent tell.

"I dont want to move again" Isaid sadly from under the covers.

He kneeled down beside my bed and peeked under the covers at me.

"Dont worry im your big brother.Ill protect you"He said trying to reashure me.

"only by 12 hours!" I barked at him.

I hated how he said he was my big brother though he looked older and acted older we were the same age.Only 12 hours apart.I got out from under the covers and hugged him until i stoped feeling a chill.

"I feel it to Lu.Somethings gonna happen" He said more serious then I ever heard before.

We sat there and watched the time tick from a digital clock dad put in beetween our beds.

"Its our birthday soon"I said trying to cheer up from some sadness I felt.

"Wanna get our presents early?"He asked me as he turned the clock to face us sitting on my bed.

"Shure!"I said cheerily as i sat up forgetting what i had felt but a moment before and consumed with the feeling of warmth i got from the spot on the cheek where mom and dad kissed me momenst before.



"as human beings we share three truths that make us the same.we live,learn,and die.everything else everything that cant be copied like the impressions on the hearts of those we love is what makes us unique"
© Copyright 2006 domonique bouty (UN: marzell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
domonique bouty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465149-chapter3