*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465147-chapter2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1172973
The story of a girl who finds that her brother and her lives are based on a phrophocy
#465147 added October 29, 2006 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
chapter:2
"Grigorius looked up at the goddesses' face and nodded.She then turned to Nethaneal who was growing cold and tears fell from his eyes as he looked up at her.

"why would you spare me when I have wronged you?"he asked.

She simply smiled and said softly as though her voice was the purest of down."Though you had my image messed up and basically a backward view of the opposite gender you still showed me a side of life I had never seen."

He smiled back and nodded to her as well. Grigorius and Nethaneal layed there dying on the ground with the deity they both had fought for kneeled between them.

"I'm sorry that I'm making you wait so long but in order to do what I must do I need you to be between the realms" She said as though she was holding something back.

After a few minutes had passed both Grigorius and Nethaneal were bone cold and struggled to keep their eyes open. That's when the goddess stood up and with one hand ripped off her long flowing silky hair.It quickly lost its radiance as she held it in her hand and placed it on Grigroius body .A few drops of blood trickled down her scalp but she still seemed to be the most beautiful thing Nethaneal and Grigorius had ever seen.She then ripped out her teeth placing them on Nethaneals body.She continued giving part of herself to each of them,she shared her eyes between the two, gave her nose to Grigorius,her lips to Nethaneal,and ripped off her fingers sprinkling the blood on Nethaneal and giving the flesh to Grigroius.She now only had her skin and empty eye sockets on her face.Her head still had a few hairs on it and one hand still had fingers.Her torso and lower body were untouched .Though she had placed so much of herself on Grigorius and Nethaneal they both looked at her with a lovers adoration.When the moon reached its highest point in the sky the goddess fell back as her parts slowly disapeared into Grigorius and Nethaneal.They were instantly healed and sat up at the sides of the goddess.

"The price you both will have to pay may be great but you will get used to it."she said without having to verbally speak.

"Grigorius you will have to pay the price of changing into the most primal form of your clans namesake when my moon is as it is now,full and ever bright.You shall also hunger for the flesh of your fellow man but i know in time you will find other ways,but you will be fearless and strong being able to say and do things you never could"

she then brushed his face with her good hand as Grigorius puzzled over what she was saying .She then turned her head to Nethaniel.

"Your body will forever be dead and your eyes which have been blind shall see what others cant.You shall feast on the blood of your fellow man and be sensitive to my brother the suns light.You shall grow pale but will be able to sense and detect what you prey on which your clan is so known for doing.You to will be strong but cautious which you never were in life.Your mind will fuel your body."

she then brushed her good hand on Nathaniel cheek which he gently kissed as a tear fell from his eye.

"You both shall be able to revive you clan members which have fallen today .Grigorius with a scratch, and Nethaniel with a bite.But only after i have died will my life force change you.And if you two ever kill each other you and everyone you have revived will die and I will be no more".She said with a final sigh.

"how will be survive without your blessings?"Grigorius asked.

The goddess slowly started to grow dim and smiled and said "I shall not die. My soul will only wait till I can be reborn so this life I have given you both is my ultimate blessing to you"

Grigorius and Nethaneal stayed by the goddess side as she slowly grew colder then the winter nights air and her radiance was no more.She began to fade but first changed into the friend Girgorius did not have the courage to confess his love for ,and the wife Nethaneal did not have the courage to let live. After she had gone and the night grew still Nethaneal and Grigorius changed. Grigroius howled and went on all fours a coarse hair growing over his body as he began to grow fangs and a tail. Nethaneal wriggled on the ground as his body died and he lost all blood.He felt his canines grow longer and his heart stop completly.In that moment the first vampire and first werewolf were born, and with heavy hearts they went and revived their fallen comrades and went back to their homes to teach their clans of what had happened.All that was left was the scavenger clan which was all dead.

"You sicken me"came a mans voice from above as he touched Kirtans head bringing the leader back to life.

Kirtan jumped startled then looked up into the tan yet pale face of the sungod he had worshipped for so long.

"Oh my god you have come and revived me and my people I knew you would not abandon me!!"kirtan excitedly said.

The god merely walked over to the spot where the moon goddess had died.His bright yellow,gold,and red robe straight and unmoving though the wind seemed to howl as if mourning.He brushed his blond hair in front of his face its curls evaporating the tears he cried as he touched the earth where she once was.

"I have brought you back for one reason and one reason only to serve me"the god said with anger in his voice.

Kirtan crawled to the gods feet mumbling his thanks.

"I have given you eternal life though you in no way deserve it you miserable curd!" the god said standing up and walking on top of where a moon lily was starting to blossom in the form of where there used to be a goddess.

"You are to take the sword from my body and keep it with you until i return and while you do that collect followers who will be able to help you search for me and her when we are in our new forms. I shall give you the power to be able to tell if it is us and of a magic which will help you charm people to your cause.Do not fail me unless you want to feel my wrath again Kirtan!. I shall leave you gold so that you shall survive for a time as a reward though you do not deserve anything "the god said looking at Kirtan with anger and disgust in his eyes.

"My god what do you mean the sword from your body?"kirtan asked hesitantly.

At that the god smiled and formed a dark sword from the night sky in his hands through a swirl of of his hands and plunged it in his heart.

He fell down and with his last breathe said"My sister, we will be together again someday. I need you. I love.."

And with that the sun god too died. Kirtan was in utter shock as he saw the god disappear in a flame leaving a scorch mark,sword,and a bag of gold and silver among the moon lily's. Kirtan took the sword and gold as his god had wished and did his bidding. A year had passed since that night and The Dog Clan and Hunting Clan were no more. They had dispersed to find their own paths after hearing of their new existence as werewolves and vampires came to be. Grigroius and Nethaneal stayed behind. Hearts heavy with the pain of knowing a goddess and loosing her twice in their life they decided to meet where it began a year ago. Knowing they couldn't kill each other they sat at the sides of the moon lily patch exactly in the same spot they were when she died and Grigroius snapped his own neck as Nethaneal ripped out his own heart.They knew and hoped that fate would allow their souls to meet with the goddess in time."

© Copyright 2006 domonique bouty (UN: marzell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
domonique bouty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465147-chapter2