*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467645-Some-Things-Dont-Seem-To-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#467645 added November 9, 2006 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Some Things Don't Seem To Change
         Now that I know a lot more about the Fibromyalgia that Kenzie and I have, it sometimes makes me wonder if MY periodic back pain is due to the Fibro, or an actual problem.
         I've had one form of it off and on for years. It kicks in when I've either been standing in one spot too long (1/2 hour max on that one), or walking too long (that one takes up to 1 1/2, maybe 2 hours).
         But then, once in a while I'll get it in another spot. An unfamiliar one, as Kenzie has been doing on occasion recently. And I try to figure out - fibro or problem? There's no way to really tell without getting it checked out. Sheesh.
         This morning, though, I was doing the dishes. Like all couples should be, she and I are a team. And with her in Michigan for a few days, this task falls in my court. But that meant standing in one spot - in front of the sink. (Yes, we need a dishwasher, but the kitchen design doesn't leave room for one without giving up already valuable cabinet space. We're working on that. The house was built about 1960 and the kitchen was both poorly designed - my opinion - and never updated by any previous owners. The combination makes the concept of updating a daunting task.)
         So, I stood in that spot and went to work. Sure enough, somewhere within that 30 minutes, my back starts to hurt in a very familiar spot. Waist high, on the left side. So, Im making use of the "recovery time" sitting down and making this entry.
         This afternoon should be an interesting challenge, too. With Kenzie in Michigan, and our other car in the shop, I'll get to walk to Kroger's and pick up my prescription refill. I figure it's about 1/4 mile, maybe a little less. I doubt it will take me so long that the back kicks in again, but we shall see. I'll try to report back later today on that one.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467645-Some-Things-Dont-Seem-To-Change