*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468059-Chapter-1-The-Prelude
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1176263
Can a 16 year old boy stop the most powerful demons ever from taking over the world?
#468059 added February 8, 2008 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1: The Prelude.
Chapter 1: The Prelude



"Now boarding flight number 152, Winnipeg to Tokyo, non-stop.", the voice in the airport terminal rangout.

Our story begins in the terminal of the Winnipeg Internation Airport, August 15th, 2015 ,where Vaugn Ashton was boarding his flight, to leave the country he loved so dearly, behind.

Vaugn was a 16 old boy with a gentle face. He had a defined jaw line, but his face wasn’t harsh, but rounded. His blonde hair was shoulder length, and his light ash-blue eyes full of warmth. He had a defined figure, brawd shoulders, long muscley arms, big hands, and a torso and legs to match. A former track athlete at his junior high school, he kept a vestige of his looks, even though it was summer.

"Now Vaugn, do be good while in Japan. I know you don’t want to leave, but it’s for your own good. With everything going on…I hope you understand.", said a kind faced woman. Though she was smiling and had a kind note in her voice, she couldn’t hide the tears in her eyes.

"I will mom. Don’t worry. As soon as this whole mess is sorted out I’ll be on the first flight home. I mean, it can’t take to long can it?", Vaugn asked, looking at a man standing with his mom.

"We’re not sure Vaugn. It may take a month, it may take a year. But with all the power these people are gaining…we just don’t know son.", the man said, and he too couldn’t hide the tears. Though he was a rather hard faced man, he had a voice that inspried confidence.

"Okay dad. It’s for my best after all, and I’ll be seeing the world just like I wanted too." Vaugn told his parents. He pinned up a brave smile and hitched up the bag he had flung over his shoulder, "I just wish Myra was here to see me go." He added, with a slight note of sadness in his voice.

"I know Vaugn, but she’s better off in Miami then here.", his mother cooed.

"You better get going son. We’ll send you emails every week Vaugn, don’t worry." His father assured Vaugn.

"Okay dad. Well…", there was a pause in which Vaugn looked at his father and mother, then said in a would be brave and cheery voice, "See you later."

His mother hugged him and he felt her tears on his shoulder and felt his dad hug him aswell. Then, they let go and looked at their son.

"We’re very proud of you Vaugn. Please always remember that.", His father told him, with pride in his voice.

"I know dad, and I will remember it." Vaugn said. And with that, he turned his back on his parents and walked towards the ticket counter.

When his ticket had been scanned, he walked past the woman scanning the ticket and into the boarding tunnel.

The tunnel was a carpeted square tube that connected the terminal to the plane door so passenegrs could board. Every 15 or so feet was a window, and out the windows, Vaugn saw the chariot that would soon be whisking him away from his home country and to a new and strange land.

"This isn’t so bad.", thought Vaugn as he stowed his bag in the over head compartment and sat down in his seat.

There he sat for 15 minuts before the sound of 2 jet engines revving up and the sound of doors being closed and locked told him they were ready for lift off.

He felt the plane start to slowly move back wards and looked out his window at the ground below, and saw the people down on the ground slowly moving backwards.

The plane slowly taxied onto the runway where it stopped and waited.

Vaugn counted the seconds before the faithful moment when those 2 mighty engines would go full tilt, and take him one way to his new life.

In this time that they sat there, he had time to reflect on what was happening.

Leaning back a little in his seat, he crossed his legs, put his hand behind his head, and stared blankly out the window.

"I have to leave the country because a few gang members are making life a little bit difficult for everyone", he thought, "And I’m going to live with a friend of my dad’s and his 3 daughters who I’ve never met and I’m expected to trust them like a real family", he continued to think, "Awesome. Truly Awesome."

"I hope they solve this soon.", he thought sadly, and looked forward as the engine finally revved up and he felt himself being pushed back into his seat and thrusted upwards into the blue sky.

He was finally, and unfortunately, leaving his family, friends, and the country he was born in, raised in, and loved so much, behind.



***

"Tell me father, this Vaugn person, what’s he like?"

"I have no idea Coonai. I only met him when he was about 5 months old. And last time I was visiting Hugo, Vaugn was out visiting his grandparents in the United States."

"How old is he? I hope he’s older. Older men have a level of…maturity…that their younger counterparts don’t have."

"He’s 16 Uni, just as old as Asuke. Infact, when he was 5 months old, Asuke was 6 months old."

"So they’ll be in the same class then father?", Asked the girl named Coonai

"It appears so."

"Won’t that be fun Asuke? Living with a boy your age, who goes to school with you. You can do homework together.You know, really study hard." Said the girl named Uni with a devilish smile.

"Oh be quiet Uni. We want to make him feel at home, remember, not feel as if he’s some sort of…freak,in a side show.", The girl named Asuke said, with a slight edge in her voice.

Mister Hiroshe Miasoto and his 3 daughters, Connai, Uni and Asuke, where driving to the airport in the family van to meet their new arrival.

Mr. Miasoto was a man of 50 years. He was balding ontop, but still had somehow kept his youthful looks. Apart from from the bald head, he looked like a man 20 years his junior. He had no lines on his face, which was well defined with high cheekbones, a square jaw line, and a small nose, had kept his figure, though he had went slightly to seed, and the hair he had was still shockingly black. He wore glasses that were heavily rimmed, and this helped him look younger.

His eldest daughter, Coonai, is a mere 20 years old. With a long pony tail of light brown hair that was draped in front of her shoulder, she gave off the presence of being a very kind person, he face was very gentle, her eyes,which were a deep chocolate brown, full of warmth and laughter, and she seemed to always be smiling.

The middle child, Uni, is 18 years old(the perfect age in her opinion). She to had the same look has Connai, though her hair was shorter and darker then her older sister’s. Her face looked exactly like Coonai’s, except that her nose was a little shorter, and her eye’s were blue.

And the baby of the family, Asuke, is 16 years of age. She looked the most youthful of the three daughters with her gentle face and high cheek bones, rounded jawline, green eyes and small nose. Her hair was long and black, and tied into a ponytail behind her, with 2 bangs that started in the middle of her forehead, curved around, went under her ears, and joined the rest of her hair in the back. He eyes were a deep emerald green.

"Tell me daddy, when will Vaugn’s flight be in?" asked Uni, putting her elbows on the seats infront of her, and leaning on them to look at her father.

"Well, if all goes as planned, it should be in by 6:30 Uni. It maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later. But we’re hoping for 6:30.", her father replied looking sideways at Uni.

"Oh perfect. It means I’ll still have pleanty of time to make a welcoming supper for Vaugn.", Coonai said happily.

Mr. Miasoto turned a corner and the vehicle leaned back as he and the family started up the airport road. The airport was built on a mountain, and the only way to reach it was to drive up by a spiral road that was built on the side, and circled the whole mountain.

It was a turly beautiful sight while driving up the mountain. You could see all of the city as you spun up the mountain. On one side, you’d see the blue, shimmering sea meeting the shore, with small, single story houses at the beach that got larger and larger the further inland they got.

On the other side, you’d see the vast business city that is Tokyo. The buildings were all quite large, 30 plus stories most of them, with the largest one in the center being at least 150 stories. All around the buildings, and on top of them, were signs advertising drinks, TV shows, and everything else a person could imagine. Even with the sun still high in the sky, the city seemed to to simply glow. The affect that is gave off was simply mesmerising.

***



"Man, this flight is taking forever!", Vaugn thought warrily.

The flight had been quite un-eventful. Vaugn had spent most of the time looking down at the clouds and the ocean and just thinking about how much he’d miss Canada, his friends and family.

What he had been thinking of most is what Canada would be like after the problem was taken care of. He shuddered at the thought of never being able to return to his home country.

"Atleast they use the metric system in Japan.", he thought to himself, bored beyond beliefe

Finally, after what seemed like 2 lifetimes, Vaugn heard the voice he had been waiting for

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We are beginning our final approach to Tokyo International. We shall be touching down within 20 minutes. We’ll ask you now to fold up your trays, and return your seats to their upright position."

"Finally.", thought Vaugn happily.

He returned both his seat and tray to their upright positons, and fastened his seat belt.

Looking out the window, he saw the land mass that was Japan. Though they were high-up, he could see details like the roads and buildings with chimneys, small strings of smoke billowing from them. Maybe it was the affect of the sun being behind them, but the city and it’s buildings were a bright yellowish-orange.

"Man, if I was a girl, I’d say that was actually quite pretty.", thought Vaugn, and with that, he sat back in his seat, smiling at the thought of him in a dress.



***

"So father, which flight are we looking for?", Asked Coonai, as they looked up at the digital boared that showed all incoming flights.

"We’re looking for Air Canada flight 152. Winnipeg to Tokyo.", Mr. Miasoto replied. He was looking at the board, which was quite large, with a slighly furrowed brow.

"There it is dad! Flight 152, A.C. non-stop. Now disembarking. Terminal 18C.", said Asuke excitedly.

"Alright then girls. Let’s go and meet the newiest member of our family.", said Mr. Miasoto hapilly, smiling at his daughters. And together, they set off towards Terminal 18C.



***

All in all, Vaugn thought as he took out his MP3 player and started listening to his music, it wasn’t a bad flight, apart from the unbareable boredum

The line was rather long as there was only one door to exit, and Vaugn had just joined the line to leave the jet.

He had been sitting down so long that his legs were tingling as the blood started to flow to all the parts, aswell as his legs were slightly cramped. Even though he was just standing, it felt great to do so.

"Okay, let’s see here.",thought Vaugn, as he pulled out a picture his dad had given him.

It was a picture of his dad standing with his arm around an a man of Japanese discent, with thinning hair on top of his head and thick rimmed glasses.

"So this is Hiroshe Miasoto. Right. So now all I have to do is look for a Japanese man…in a Japanese airport. Piece of Cake." Vaugn thought to himself,and for all that it was, that it wouldn’t be that hard. He always had a habit of finding people and things in crowds that other people missed. He folded the picture up and put it back in his pocket.

Slowly, Vaugn got closer to the door. Looking out the window, he saw many other airplanes pulling up beside his. Looking down, he saw the cargo of his plane being unloaded, and wondering how long he’d have to wait before he got his bags.

Finally, he was at the exit. Greeting them at the door was the Captain and co-pilot, and an Air Asia stewardess, bowing each them as a sign of farewell.

Vaugn returned her bow, and walked out the door, into the same kind of loading tunnel he had boarded the airplane on. There, with his favorite band playing(Star Scream),he walked, following the families and business men ahead of him.

"Well, this is it Vaugn. Welcome to the beginning of a new chapter of your life.", Vaugn thought, as he saw the door that lead to his terminal.

As he was 4 steps from the door, he took a deep breath and crossed over the thresh-hold, into the airport, ready to begin his new life in Japan.
© Copyright 2008 The Premier Author of Action (UN: foamysfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Premier Author of Action has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468059-Chapter-1-The-Prelude