*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470151-Vision
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#470151 added November 20, 2006 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
Vision
17 Qudrat 163 B.E. - November 20, 2006

The vision of things to be done may come a long time before the way of doing them becomes clear, but woe to him who distrusts the vision. - Jenkin L. Jones


What amazes me is how, when I am at the point of giving up completely on something, a quote or a comment by someone appears and gives me encouragement. I suppose the opposite could be said as well, but that isn’t how it works with me. When I am down or ready to give up, then I find a quote or here a comment that gives me encouragement. They come when I least expect them and in the most unusual situations or places.

The quote at the beginning of this entry is this weeks AIU quote of the week. OK, so the quote of the week is always positive or uplifting, but normally they don’t apply to what I perceive my situation is at present. However, this one does.

This wasn’t the entry I planned for today. I had decided to write about some very strange dream I’ve been having. The title of the entry was going to be Very. Anyway, for the past three days I’ve been having odd dreams and remembering them. When I remember a dream it usually means the dream is important.

*Note1*Dream 1: I was in a crowd of people and we were milling about in a large room or stadium, somewhere like that and everyone knew my name, but I didn’t know the names of anyone there. They were trying to tell me what to do, however, everyone had a different opinion on what I should do. I don’t know what the problem I had in the dream, but everyone had a different opinion on what the problem was and what I should do about it. I woke up confused, maybe that why I had the dream because I’m confused on the solution to some of my problems.

*Note2*Dream 2: Someone knocked at the door and demanded to entrance, I looked out the window in the door and say it was my sister’s significant other. I opened the door, but the he couldn’t get in because I had locked the screen door the night before and didn’t have the key. When I opened the door, I noticed that there was a red car parked in my garage behind my car (my garage can hold only one car), touching the bumper of my car. There was also another car in the driveway, it was white and my sister was driving it. I told him to get the car out of the garage, because he couldn’t park it there.

He was drunk and refused to move the car, so I yelled at mom to call 911 and get the police. Then he got in the car and backed it out of my garage, but in doing so he hit the stone wall between my yard and the neighbors and knock the wall down. My sister backed the car she was driving out of the driveway and he followed her. They drove off toward the west, I tried to follow them on foot, but they sped away too fast. When I got back to the house, there was a big green car parked in front of the house with one of my brother’s and his wife in it and the police were there. As I walked past the green car, I complemented my sister-in-law on the color of her car.

My car was still in the garage, with a badly dented back bumper. I told the police what happened, but my brother chimed in and said he didn’t believe that’s how it happened. He said he thought I knocked down the wall with my car and made up the whole thing to cover it up. The police officer told him to stay out of it and get back into the car until he was finished with the investigation. My sister-in-law started yelling at the police officer and told him to stay out of a “family matter”.

In the dream there was small stones all over my driveway. The whole neighborhood was standing around looking. My sister-in-law was yelling and my brother was yelling. The neighbor next door was talking to another officer and he told the office that he had heard someone banging on my door and when he came outside, he saw a red car back into the wall and speed away. He gave the officer the tag number of both the red car and the white car and it turned out the owners of both cars reported them stolen. However, my brother and his wife didn’t believe the neighbor, my or even my mother.

*Note3*Dream 3: I was driving to work in Henderson, where I was working at the community college. There was trailer connected to the back of my car and in the trailer was an aquarium of snakes. I got hungry so I decided to stop somewhere for breakfast. The restaurant I stopped at had an aquarium of snakes identical to the ones I had in the trail, so I asked the owner-manager if he wanted the snakes. He took the snakes and the aquarium and give me a free breakfast. When I eat, I was seated with the owner’s family, who were all employees of the restaurant. We all had deep fried snake and eggs. The owner’s sons was afraid of the snakes so his sisters had to get the aquariums out of my trailer, in addition to killing and dressing the snake we were eating.



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470151-Vision