*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470697-Small-Things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#470697 added November 23, 2006 at 6:50am
Restrictions: None
Small Things
To all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving I wish you a happy and peaceful time. To all those with problems may you find comfort and the strength to battle through. I'd be lying if I said I feel hunkydory and although I realise others are in the midst of traumas, I still feel my little world is lyng in pieces at my feet. There is little to blog about when your mind is whirling with a problem that won't just go away. Remaning positive is difficult but somehow the fight must continue.

So, I take you back to the last issue of The Blogville News and the little challenge I set regarding statements made in blogs. Here are the correct answers.



1. ‘After all my bad news the past few days I am very happy to have a little good news to impart here in my blog. One of my dearest friends has found his way into WDC and I could not be happier. I would like all of you to meet…’

This was written by David McClain when he introduced ccstring to WDC. Who could have imagined what an amazing effect this unique man would have on us all. Thanks David McClain for doing us a great favour and please know you are in my thoughts as I type.

2. ‘As I slowly positioned the sensuous belt around my waist, adjusting it so that one side teasingly grazed my right hip, I felt the bulge of hardness against me. Firm, yet oddly cool. I could feel the rubber beneath my hand, as my hand glided along the smooth surface I tingled with excitement and anticipation of what was about to happen. I slowly inched up, needing to reach just the right spot, parted the sheer fabric which revealed the small dots I knew marked the spot of my intended focus and took a deep breath, knowing I was moments away from pure satisfaction. ‘

Written by the very lovely Nada regarding her experience with an electric drill. Hence the birth of 'Toolwoman.'

3. ‘I fear soon I will have the need to do things that I had hoped wouldn’t be necessary in a place such as this. I followed a man among you. A man that has until now been a good little boy and has minded his manners!!! Hehee. BUT!!!! I have seen over the past few days a CLOUD!!! Not a puffy little pretty thing that floats across the sky that gives us a short rest from the sun…OH NO!!!! This thing I’ve seen now forming over there on the horizon is not a thing of puffiness!!! But I have seen this DARK THING BEFORE!!! And I fear it will grow until it takes every bit of life out of the hole dang place!!!!!’

Easy peasy huh? Our very own ccstring declaring revenge on David McClain which led to the hilarious Duck War of old.

4. ‘A strange habit I have, amongst all those disgusting ones, is to make mental lists of five. Five things I need to do when I get in, five people I need to e-mail, five reasons to be thankful etc. It’s always been five for some reason. Maybe it’s because my birthday is on the 5th; a good job then I wasn’t born at the end of the month. Imagine – 31 things I must do today. God; I’d be exhausted and a bigger failure than ever. ‘

Yours truly of corset. It still amazes me what a deep and long-lasting effect this had on other bloggers. I'm still scrabbling for a list of five reasons to be thankful, even though there is no official Thanksgiving in England. I know I can do it despite my negative feelings.

5. ‘This is just a small fragment of the conversation and is not an exaggeration. I don’t think I ever did find out about Nikki’s new place. My wife and I once saw a T-shirt that read, ‘People say I have ADD but that’s a bunch of…oh look, a chicken.’ When one of us gets sidetracked in a conversation, we’ll often say to the other, ‘Oh look a chicken,’ just to get back on track. Well, with my father-in-law there’s a whole bunch of chickens.’

partyof5dj couldn't possibly have imagined the outcome of writing this one I'm sure. Great hilarity ensued and there will always be chickens running around Blogville I'm sure.

So there you have it. Nothing profound or earth shattering but small things are all we can reach out for at times. Out of the HUNDREDS of entries *Laugh* only one person gave all the right answers. Congratulations to Nada - Merit Circle on its way.

I hope to release The Blogville News tomorrow. No big deal I know but it's all I have to keep my brain occupied and I hope it will bring a little light relief to others. It's been difficult to put together and I know you will understand some contributors have not been able to write for various reasons. I pray for easier times for many of us and the strength to hang in together and share our shattered dreams. I so wish there was a group hug facility on WDC. Bless you all today and always.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470697-Small-Things