*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470923-Zen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#470923 added November 24, 2006 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Zen
2 Qawl 163 B.E. - November 24, 2006

Someone posted an article in one of my yahoo groups. The article concerned meditation and journaling. The article referred to journaling as a form of meditation. This sounds great to me; it isn’t that I don’t meditate because I do. After saying prayer, I usually set silently for a few minutes and contemplate the prayer. I also attempt to meditate after reading the sacred scriptures. In addition, I chant the Greatest Name every day. Still I’m always looking for a new approach, so journaling as a form of meditation appeals to me.

The article entitled “Mapping The Inner Journey” says that journal writing anchors the experience of meditation to the material world. Journal writing is active and helps us follow our growth and see the specific patterns that reoccur in our lives. Journaling about a situation is supposed to help empty all the negative feelings and open the process of creativity. It also may help us remember things about the situation that we’ve forgotten.

I do have a new journal that is ideal for this. It started out being called Writing my Journey, but I recently changed the name to Writing my Spiritual Journey. The reason for the name change is that life is a spiritual journey; I am a spiritual creature having a physical experience. Perhaps the tile of this entry should be the Zen of Journaling.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470923-Zen