*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471087-Turkey-Day-leftovers
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#471087 added November 25, 2006 at 8:17am
Restrictions: None
Turkey Day leftovers!
Well, the holidays here! *Smile* I hope everyone had a happy turkey day. Mine was a bit stressful, but a success so I can't complain that much.

I am not much of a cook, and we got sucked into hosting thanksgiving at our house. With a 22 pound turkey in the freezer that's been there for over 6 months we decided to cook it. For me, that meant "stepping" it up a notch and cooking - and not just a decent meal, but one the in-laws were going to rave over.

Mind you, most of them went to Tennessee to visit, but I was going to have my mother-in-law over and my husband's sister. I wanted to impress.

So I got a brining receipe and brined the bird. It required some extra work, but I had the time off for it. Mind you, my husband who knows I'm not quite a cook was all stressed out considering my ambitions. He had to double the work. He went out, got a fryer and fried a turkey. Then he had to make Grandma's stuffing. (I bought stuffing from Costco, cheating here, but hey, I'm not going to buy real cheapie no flavor stuffing now!!) It was a bit disheartening to him do this, but I pushed on. I made a turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, and turkey meatballs. Everything I cooked was a big hit. Even Brent gave me some kudos once dinner was said and over with. I didn't get a chance to visit much, as my little one, Joseph, was a little fussy, but no worries there. He's entitled to a little fuss.

Other than that, no much going on. A week ago we all went to JC Penny to have our christmas pictures taken. I was very pleased with how the pics came out. hehe.

Andrew is really getting into the alphabet and spelling and writing. He can spell his name and while his penmanship ain't the hottest, he can write his name too. hehe. Best Christmas gift I ever got! It's so wonderful to watch him get excited about spelling & writing!

What I'm listening to: A "15 years" CD. I burned it myself. It has a little of tunes that Brent and I used to listen to in the early part of our relationship. It includes our song "Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams.

What I'm reading: State of Denial by Bob Woodward. Yes, it's history but it doesn't read like your average history book. If you want a CANDID look at what the Bush adminstration did wrong in Iraq and how that fell apart, read this book. The only question now is: Can we learn from the mistakes and put Iraq on a course that will successful?

I'll be putting up product reviews of Sylvia Browne and Hans Holzer soon. Both have to deal with "life after death" issues. Sylvia's talks about the "Real" life of Jesus. Very interesting reading.

I also want to thank my friend Starr Phenix for this new, really cool signature of my boys. She is such a wiz at graphics. (and I'm not, trust me!!)

** Image ID #1182788 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1182790 Unavailable **


Check out Starr's
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1083867 by Not Available.
when you have a chance.

*Smile* Steph

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471087-Turkey-Day-leftovers