*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471134-Well-Get-By
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#471134 added January 31, 2014 at 4:09am
Restrictions: None
We'll Get By
Today looked gloomy as regards activities and plans but deciding to tackle them with patience and humour has paid off. I now see the positive achievements I've made today and a couple of added pleasant surprises too. Nothing big, but small steps help us reach our goal in time.

1. We've been to the gym. Not done the full program but physical exercise is a good way of working out frustration and releasing endorphines or whatever they're called. I love the swimming part; today I decided I want a mermaid's tail for Humbug and a set of fully furnished rocks to live in and invite my friends over.

2. I've smoked less. Okay, I know every cigarette is one too many but if I can make a start cutting down while stressed, who knows what may happen if or when times are better?

3. I've collected my mother (da da da da -Play theme from Jaws) from Derby station after she spent the week with my sister. I smiled as she shuffled onto the platform, blind as a bat (I don't need my glasses you know) in her best purple hat then declared she needed the loo. Helped her find that, then the flushing device, the tap, the drier and finally the car. Chatted amenably on the way back and deposited her back in La La Land with dad. No doubt he's already in trouble, lost control of the remote and will no longer be able to fart, sneeze, chew nuts or speak and she'll be losing her glasses, blaming everyone and everything else for her problems and forgotten she even went to my sisters by now. In other words 'normality' resumes.

4. My dear friend crackedbizkit sent me a lovely new ducky through the post this morning. What a pleasant surprise. I've named her 'Damsel,' as she was sent with WUB to this lady in distress. Thanks my friend

5. Now I'm off to watch one of my favourite programmes 'The X Factor.' I know, I know, I'm a sad person. But if my favourite gets through the next round that will be my fifth wickle positive of the day.

So, a better day that anticipated - the only way is UP and I'm determined to get there even if it takes a while. Thanks my friends for all the ways you help too.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471134-Well-Get-By