*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471332-Opinions-and-Artists
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#471332 added March 14, 2013 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
Opinions and Ar..tists
You know I'm not normally one to complain *Wink* but I have to say that someone around here is seriously beginning to brass me off. I'm bored with the lack of imagination displayed, the same old, same old approach to things and the shortage of ability to show any originality or flair. I've always admired those who 'dare to be different,' providing they aren't harming anyone and quite enjoy a challenge myself, so it's tiring when there's no adaptation or attempt to create a broader picture.

I refer of course to the resident WDC painter and decorator. I've been a member of this site for five years and as far as I'm aware, not one lick of paint has touched the walls in here. Wishy-washy I don't like and I have to grit my teeth every time I look at the sickly yellow surroundings at the best of times.

Then along comes autumn and we're exposed to the predictable, childish graphics associated with Halloween and a screen so dull and dark it's enough to depress the most positive of people. I breathe a sigh of relief when it's removed but sure enough by the end of November out come the insipid, repeat decorations associated with Humbug.

Of course it would be politically incorrect to decorate the site with traditional C******** images and I'm not sorry about that, but winter scenes and snow-laden trees hardly relate to all members on the site at this time. Apart from which the colours are weak, watery and hardly uplifting.

Obviously this is only MY opinion and I hold nothing against those who like the same old decorations year in and year out. Each to his/her own. But I have to say it would make a change if it wasn't so predictable and bland. Still, I guess in some ways if we don't personally let the painter and decorator know about our preferences, then we can't expect any alterations.

I think it would be rather interesting if WDC members were encouraged to decorate the site themselves, just as we do in our homes. After all, we all pay for the pleasure of residing here and as mature people I'm sure we'd manage to add colour, our own brands of humour and combine our likenesses and differences in a compatible way.

Still, it's trivia in the great scheme of things isn't it? What IS truly important after all? Answers on a postcard please.

So, what has occupied my tiny thoughts and tickled my simple-minded humour today?

1. My favourite act DID go out of the X Factor last night. *Cry* So much for optimism.

2. I put the Africam on this morning and watched a previously unobserved, high-speed species dash by the water hole - a white van. *Laugh*

3. We took our stepdog Ted for a walk in glorious autumn sunshine, got lost and all ended up covered in mud.

4. We walked into a pub for lunch just as the song 'Love Changes Everything' started to play. There's no such thing as coincidence?

5. By chance I came across this little verse in a book my sister gave me -

The test of the heart is trouble
And it always comes with the years.
And the smile that is worth
The praises of earth
Is the smile that shines through the tears.


Sniffle...pass the tissues please.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471332-Opinions-and-Artists