*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472405-Dunmoaning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#472405 added March 14, 2013 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
Dunmoaning
Okay, I had my list prepared with many, many more reasons and explanations as to why I find this time of year so distasteful. Phrases like 'prolonged agony ,' 'painful memories,' 'greed and profit,' 'lost meaning,' and 'lot of fuss about very little,' were bubbling to be included, but you know what? I could write five hundred blogs on the subject and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference. It will come, it will go, some will love every minute, others will breathe a sigh of relief when it's all over, so why waste energy and words on something so predictable and fleeting? Nah, instead I'll tell you about my day.

This morning my friend crackedbizkit picked me up and drove me over to the beautiful town of Newark where she lives. We tackled a few queries she had regarding WDC on her talking computer (Hey even her printer speaks - I'm jealous *Pthb*) then walked to the town and put the world to rights over a few vinos. Nothing lifts the spirits more than the company of someone intelligent, amusing and warm-hearted. Not to mention the dry white.

Later our friends June and Chris joined us and we enjoyed a good wander around the lovely streets and shops of this historical town, followed by a meal in another pub. All in all a change from the humdrum and an escape from the troubles. So thanks my friend for a lovely day and I hope you'll continue to grow and enjoy the world of WDC, as I have done.

crackedbizkit also presented me with a fridge magnet she thought was designed just for moi. It reads -

The Five Steps to Happiness.


1. Find a man who loves housework.

2. Find a man who makes you laugh.

3. Find a man who has a great job.

4. Find a man who's a great lover.

5. Make sure none of these men meet each other *Laugh*


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472405-Dunmoaning