*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473337-If-its-not-the-fog-its-the-fatigue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#473337 added December 5, 2006 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
If it's not the fog, it's the fatigue
         The Fibro struck again this evening. Yes, it's with us 24/7, but once in a while it makes its presence even more obvious. And tonight, when it did, it brought Kenzie and I another verbal classic for our "collection".
         She knew about 8:00 that she was going to "shut down", as she and I refer to the act of basically falling asleep at a time when it normally doesn't happen, yet you know it will and you are helpless to stop it. She managed to stay awake long enough to eat supper, but shortly thereafter, about 9:00, she changed into her nightgown and hit the sack.
         When I leaned down to get an early goodnight kiss, she turned toward me, and I knew for sure it wouldn't be long. Her eyes were half open, half closed. It was when I pointed that out to her that she came up with her latest unplanned verbal gem:
         "Honey, I can tell it's not going to be long before you fall asleep. Your eyes are half shut now."
         "So's my head."
         We both lost it, of course. She laughed as heartily as always, but you wouldn't know it from her body motions. Other than her wide open mouth and happy, squinting eyes, hardly any other part of her was moving. That's how tired she was. And that "So's my head" line only serves to prove the truth of her statement. As I write this she's out like a light and will likely sleep longer than her usual 5-6 hours. How long? Sorry about the pun, but um... only tme will tell. We'll know sometime tomorrow. *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473337-If-its-not-the-fog-its-the-fatigue