*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470979-Thanksgiving-Takes-Its-Toll
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#470979 added November 24, 2006 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving Takes Its Toll
         Yep, even with timing being a bit off for when my daughter would be here this weekend, Thanksgiving still took its toll. Especially on Kenzie.
         I picked up Tiffany at 11:00 Thursday. We picked up two DVDs, one she wanted ("The Addams Family"), one I wanted ("Cars"), came back home, and watched "Cars". I'm going to watch it again this weekend just for me.*Smile* We had some lunch from a local restaurant, then I had to have her back to her grandparents at 2:00.
         Kenzie had started on the Thanksgiving dinner while Tiffany and I watched "Cars". I helped her with the turkey preparation in a couple areas where she was having trouble, but other than that she did it all, and did it her way. She enjoys that and I wasn't about to take any of that away from her. A while after supper, as I was watching TV in the bedroom while checking email, she came in and laid down to rest her back and legs. They were all hurting. One leg had a shooting pain in the front and pins and needles in the back of it. Both feet had the pins and needles on the soles. After a short while talking as we watched TV, she fell asleep. It was about 8:30. She didn't wake up until around 6:00 A.M. or so this morning. THAT'S a bit of fatigue.*Smile*
         Then today I picked Tiffany up at her grandparents again, at 1:00 P.M. She, Kenzie and I ate lunch at Taco Bell then toured a local botanical conservatory. Plants and trees from all over the world in native-climate controlled areas. Including a rain forest. I'd wanted Kenzie to see the Krohn Conservatory for a long time. We hadn't been there since she came here and they have the indoor part of their Christmas display up. The outdoor part, a live Nativity scene, opens Dec. 1st.
         Tonight Tiff's playing with a friend. Tomorrow we'll probably watch The Addams Family in the morning. I have to have her at her aunt's by 2:00 for their Thanksgiving get together.
         Today is working fairly well for both of us overall. The Conservatory visit meant quite a bit of walking, but I think Kenzie enjoyed it. We'll both have to see what the rest of the weekend brings. Here's hoping all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470979-Thanksgiving-Takes-Its-Toll