*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473488-Holiday-Depression
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#473488 added December 6, 2006 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Holiday Depression
I'm in the throws of a dreaded Holiday Depression.

I have a million things big and small to be thankful for, but here I am... feeling lonely, left out, neglected and neglecting... I need to pull myself out of this slump... damn it.

Spiked eggnog comes gratefully to mind... hmmmmmm Note to self: Buy some eggnog tomorrow.

Even went out and bought the artifical tree I said I'd never buy... Target... 16.99 with tax... it's about 5 foot tall... have it up on a small end table so with the tree topper it nearly touches the ceiling... now I have spent the last two days teaching the grandson, Hayden, not to pull it off the table. My grandson looks at me like he's asking, "If you didn't want me to pull it off the table, then why did you put it up there?" Gezzzzzzzz, I find I can't get mad at him... and laughing doesn't do a thing to discourage him...

Still, I'm seriously depressed. Jon-Ray's wife is due to deliever any day now... the doctor is saying December 17th... now I've had enough of my own babies to know babies come when their ready... waiting is killing me, and the fact that Jon's wife is in Kansas having my grandson is just killing me.

I miss doing things with my daughter, but lately it's been more like I watch her do things. I've not been feeling well, which only adds to my depressed state of mind.

This year I want to bake some holiday cookies... I REALLY WANT TO...

Well, my daughter-in-law Amy just walked in the door with grandson Hayden... Hayden started screaming cause his mother put him down and went back out to the car to carry in the groceries... do all kids do that or just my grandson?

Okay, I'm going to go feed my face and see if that lessens my depression...





© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473488-Holiday-Depression