*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473539-Superwoman-Goes-to-Wal-Mart
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#473539 added December 7, 2006 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Superwoman Goes to Wal-Mart
15 Qawl 163 B.E. - December 7, 2006

What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger! If that’s the case I should be superwoman by now, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound (oh, that was superman now superwoman). I don’t know that I’d want to leap a tall building anyway. I prefer to walk around them and look in the window.

Grandma Newland always called it “Oh shopping”. She enjoyed walking past the stores in Blackwell and looking in their display windows. Or going in and just looking around to see what was on sale. They didn’t have malls when Grandma was alive. They had five-and-dime stores and the like. My grandmother would enjoy going to a mall and just looking around.

I enjoy shopping most of the time. We went to Wal-Mart today. That’s another store my grandmother would enjoy going into. She could walk from one end to the other getting every thing she wanted or just looking around and planning what she was going to get next week or next month or tomorrow.

Actually, Wal-Mart doesn’t have everything you want as I found out today (December 6, 2006). I needed to get batteries for the garage door opener both remotes needed a battery. They were the little A23 12 volts. Wal-Mart didn’t have them. I had to go next door to Lowe’s to get the batteries. I’ve known for several days the garage remotes needed batteries because the door wouldn’t close when you use them.

For the past three or four nights, I’ve put the car in the garage and left the garage door open. I locked the car, but for the past two nights I’ve left the one window in the car down. It doesn’t do any good to lock your car and leave a window down, especially when you can’t close the garage door because the door remote needs batteries.

Of course when I was in Wal-Mart I got some stuff. I got a case of 24 cans of wet cat food, coffee, margarine, Jell-O, non-dairy whipped topping, and crayons. Then after I bought those, I went to Lowe’s and got the battery. My grandmother could go into a store and just look around without buying anything. I can’t, if I go into a store I have to buy something. That’s why I don’t go into stores if I don’t have any money.

Anyway, before I got distracted with shopping, I was writing about my difficulties, those things that make a person stronger. Maybe I’ll just leave that to another time. I’ve certainly had my share of them lately and they haven’t killed me. Not sure about whether they’ve made me stronger or not. I could be too close to them right now to say anything for sure except. I’m tired of encountering one damn thing after another.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473539-Superwoman-Goes-to-Wal-Mart