*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473588-Aworlds-Intro-chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1187588
A world beyond ours. <Author passed by abnormal fever>
#473588 added December 7, 2006 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
A.worlds. Intro->chapter 1
Intro

Our story begins with a man. 22 years old, alone in the Manhattan of 2016. Running from things that he can't hide from.

As the mafia and gangster take over NY, the climate rising and the economy plunging into a deep hole, nobody knows what will happen to the earth.



Chapter 1

The great escape


Dreaming, slowly. Fading colours. Gun fire. Red...
Can't see... can't breathe. Amanda...

BOOM!

A loud bang soars through David's ears.
Having fallen out of bed, everything feels woozy, seems woozy, and even sounds woozy... no... it sounds faded, as if a bomb just went off...

David gets out of bed, everything is turning and spinning...

David slowly moves toward his chamber door, and peers through the keyhole. A lot of dust.
He opens the door and peeks into the living room. Where's the door? The door's there... shredded pieces of wood. Someone is standing there, looking at me.

David slams the door shut and turns around the lock.
Taking the backpack from closet, he dumps all the clothes on the floor. Someone is trying to open the door. David pushed the, although empty, heavy closet infront of the door. Everything is spinning even harder now.
Loud bangs penetrate David's brain. He picks up the backpack and grabs some shirts, pants and two pairs of shoes. David jerks open the small desk drawer, filled with ammunition and a pistol. Full automatic, 9 mm glock. Spinning harder. Can't stand... have to sit. Can't sit. The banging is getting louder, with a slower rhythm. Something is breaking.

David throws all the bullets, magazines and money clips he can find into his backpack, Puts it on his back and slides open the window. Searing pain, thirst. No food or water in this room.
David hops out of the window, landing on the scaffolding outside of his window, 50 centimetres below it.

What have they done to me? My head... did I drink too much again? Was that the mafia?

David kicks against the raised ladder on the scaffolding. It slides down onto the streets.
He grabs the ladder and slides down the side, as if it was a pole.

Have to sit. Have to sleep, drink, eat. Find help. Have to find help.

David stumbles to the parking garage on the corner of the alleyway. A3, his car, ready to drive. An old mustang from 1996.

Keys... keys... damnit I forgot my keys...

David broke open the side window and opened it. The alarm went off. Nobody cared, besides, any police on the street and the gang members would kill them, slowly, painfully.

David started the car, put it in reverse, forward, 3rd gear and head off. Wondering why it took so long for it to drive off, the headache gets worse.

David drives on his top speed past burning cars and shooting gang members, past traffic signs, straight through the never ending complex of alleyways and streets, busting through a fence and driving straight onto the freeway.

Far enough away he pulls over at a gas station, got out of his car and collapsed. The only thing he could hear was the ring of a car alarm in his ears.
© Copyright 2006 Davidos (UN: davidos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Davidos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473588-Aworlds-Intro-chapter-1