*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474217-Chapter-2-Flashbacks
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1187588
A world beyond ours. <Author passed by abnormal fever>
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#474217 added February 27, 2007 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2: Flashbacks
2011, 10:12 PM
Somewhere in New York

Don't pull the trigger, you have a whole life ahead of you...


... I pulled the trigger...

It seemed to end all here, as if life had stopped existing, as if nothing would happen from here.

"David..."

I was wrong...

I turned around to see a gun pointing in my face.

A bright flash and everything was gone...
... text scrolled into my view...



David woke up in the cinema, "David? Are you OK?"
It was Amanda, sitting next to him.
"Yeah... yeah... just... tired..."

she stretched and sighed. "The movie is over, everyone left already. You wouldn't wake up..." He shrugged and slowly got out of his chair. "Well what are you waiting for then? Let's go."
"Did you even get what the movie was about?" "It sounded like some lame max payne spin off..." "You mean you did follow the movie?" "Let's just go alright?"

Amanda got up, they went through the escape door.

They got into David's car and took off to the E-116 over R-54.

Cars and bikes were zooming by. It still amased him that progress in mechanics had gone so fast, hover bikes with their humming, bee-like sound, and flying cars which flew like a Joint-strike-fighter at maximum speed.

---

Frankly they weren't allowed to marry yet, but they did live in one house together. His house, or actually his parents house, was a pretty big house, fit for two or maybe three families.

David had been thinking about marrying before. But nothing ever came of it. He never asked, he never did anything about it at all. He would just stare at the roof or in the air and wonder why he was even thinking about it.

David brushed through his brown hair.
Amanda, with her long, brown hair was sitting next to him. He chuckled.
"What?" Amanda said.
"Nothing, it's just that..."
"What..."
"Well, technology has evolved so fast, I have the feeling I've been sleeping under a rock. As if they cut a hole in the part where I wake up everyday and put something from 5 years away in there..."
Amanda shrugged... "I don't know, time is going pretty slow for me..."

David sighed. "Is that why you are still so young?"
Amanda blushed...

David slowed down and parked his car...
"Are we here already?!" Amanda looked up.
"Have you been sleeping or something?"
"Right..."

They both got out and went inside. The house of David's parents.

------------
*wooh plot hole! Just kidding. I need to rest now, it's late. I will continue when I get back.*
============

Nothing could've prepared her for that day...
© Copyright 2007 Davidos (UN: davidos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Davidos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474217-Chapter-2-Flashbacks