*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473877-Two-gether
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#473877 added December 9, 2006 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Two gether
It sucks waking up at two-something in the morning. It sucks even more when you can’t get back to sleep. Still further on the suck scale is insomnia on a night when you know have to go to work the next day cuz there is absolutely no one available to cover for you.

My muse woke me up. She didn’t just nudge me awake either. She jolted me.

“Can’t you read a clock?” I asked her snuggling deeper under my covers.

“No,” she yelled. (In her defense, she could have whispered, but at two-something AM, any voice sounds loud like a mother of five threatening her children to clean up their rooms.)

“You’ve been ignoring me,” she berated

“Actually, it’s called work.” I rolled over, my back to her. “Twelve days in a row,” I added for good measure.

Also in her defense, I’ve barely written anything in months. Since landing the Editor’s gig for the tennis newsletter and the occasional blog, oh, yeah, and my FOURTH article which will be published in January, I’ve hardly put more than a few sentences together. Writing felt more like a chore.

In a weird sorta way, it was good to see my muse again – so full of energy and ideas. Albeit I would have preferred a more reasonable hour but who was I to demand? I relented, relaxed and mentally created. Hell no I didn’t desert the warmth of my covers to head for the compie. I did the ‘mental’ thing. (Don’t even.) you know, when you repeat it over and over in your head so you can remember one tenth of it when you finally do make it to the computer.

I used to naturally wake up say, around five-thirty, create all sorts of stuff. I think I’ll train my internal clock back to that schedule.

IN OTHER NEWS

I’ve started a new blog. I know. I barely keep up with this one, but my new blog is different. It’s work-related. All about tennis. Posted on our website and written by yours truly. It’s at www.MaconTennisConnect.blogspot.com if you want to take a peek and leave a comment. (Hint)

A cool feature blogspot software has is the ability to allow others to write entries and post them into the blog. This works out perfect as my boss, the City of Macon’s Tennis Manager / Head Pro may want to post an entry. Darrell, Sarah, Lorena, Paul, may get a creative itch they need to scratch.

I’ll be getting mine at five-thirty tomorrow morning. Oh wait, tomorrow’s Saturday, maybe I’ll just take some Benadryl and sleep through it. Start fresh on Monday morning.

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473877-Two-gether