*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475381-Taste-the-Blood-on-my-Blade
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#475381 added December 15, 2006 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Taste the Blood on my Blade
5 Masa’il 163 B.E. – December 15, 2006 at 7:52:49 PM PST

"Invalid Item "Invalid Entry

“Florida execution requires second lethal dose
Critics outraged after it takes more than 30 minutes for killer to die”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16206148/from/RS.2/


I have never heard of an execution taking two doses before. Of course, I don’t keep up on the death penalty or on executions carried out by state and federal authorities. It’s not that I don’t watch the news, I watch it or rather listen to it at least twice a day. It’s not that I’m opposed to the death penalty either, because I’m not. I do think that the process needs some changes, because it’s still way too one sided when it comes to the complexion of those on death row.

The last debate on the death penalty in Nevada to make the T.V. news had to do with who decided on whether a person lived or died. The Supreme Court in Nevada decided that a judge couldn’t sentence someone to death, but a jury could. OK, so there was probably a lot more to that then the news told or that I was interested in remembering. I agree that handing down a death sentence is the duty of the jury and not the judge.

I’ve never served on a jury considering the death penalty. I’ve served on juries a number of times, but all, except one, decided civil cases. The one that didn’t decide civil cases was the grand jury. A grand jury doesn’t decide guilt or innocence, it decides if the District Attorney has enough evidence to take the case to court.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475381-Taste-the-Blood-on-my-Blade