*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475975-Writing-for-Others
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#475975 added December 18, 2006 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
Writing for Others
I'm working on my second assignment for a writing service, and I'm slowly realizing that when you write a research paper for yourself, you ought to spend all the time you can on it. When you're writing a paper for someone else, there's a point where you say, "I've done enough," and get to work and finish it. I don't need to bleed writing guts for someone else, but I don't know how to NOT.

I haven't gotten paid yet, but my income for these two papers adds up to about $100. When I was writing the first paper, I developed an attitude about a person who would wait until the last minute for a big assignment, and then pay someone else to do it. What do you think about a person like that?

I guess all that really matters, as far as my concerns go, is that they're paying me for a service. I'm putting in a lot more time than is probably the norm. I'm researching like I would for myself, and right now I'm buried in information. I can't get honeybees off my brain, and the nature of the writing assignment has changed.

I guess this is like any new job. There are pluses and minuses. I like the guy I'm writing for now, but I'm getting tired of the subject. I plan to write some news articles based on my paper writing research, but I can't post anything on my site until after their paper is turned in, and graded. It's a strange concept--writing for a student.

I want to get my brain off bees, and begin to enjoy the holiday season some. It seems difficult for me to do that. I don't divide my attention well. If I could get into my head the nature of the beast I'm dealing with, maybe I could come up with a perspective that's open to life as well as writing. Guess that will come with time, if I don't give up on this line of income. It won't make me rich, but it's a way to make money from home, and write.

It's just a different kind of writing, and a new experience to learn from.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475975-Writing-for-Others