*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476014-Its-the-cough-medicine-talking
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#476014 added December 19, 2006 at 1:31am
Restrictions: None
It's the cough medicine talking.
I am not much of a drinker. That is, alcohol does not do much to me. I usually limit myself to a bottle of beer. Sometimes, I cannot even finish that off.

The reason is simple, I really does not feel that buzz that made people love alcohol. All I feel after a little bit more than I used to was that the world starts to go in slow motion, and then, ... nothing. It passed, I am alright again.

Well, as of this moment, I think I am feeling that weird buzz people are talking about. Interestingly enough, I am not drinking anything alcoholic, I just had some cough medicine.

I went to the doctor the other day for an annual checkup, and since I had that nasty cough for about a week now, the doctor prescribed some narcotic cough medicine for me.

2 tablespoons, and I am feeling just ... so FINE!

Wow! I feel like I don't have a care of the world. All of sudden, my blog looked so interesting, and my muse is singing "66 bottles of beer on the wall." He started at 100. He is going to finish until there is no bottle on the wall. And he is going to put all the bottles back, and try it again. And I am not going to care.

So, lesson of the day. If I want a buzz, do not reach for the beer can. I should stick my head in the freezer for about 30 minutes and go to the doctor.

Lesson 2 of the day. I can't read whatever I wrote before until I had that little buzz in my head. That is a sad realization, I am really suck at writing.

Do I want to cry? Nay! I am still in the buzz, remember?
The best of all, I don't need to do the dishes tonight. I pointed to the warning on the bottle, "Honey, it said, I should not operate machinary after the medicine. So can you use the dishwasher tonight?"
My wife smiled back, "There aren't that many dishes tonight. You can do them by hand."

So, OK, I got to run. I'd better do all the dishes before this buzz wears off.

Please! Friends don't let friends drive drunk or after taking some cough medicine!







© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476014-Its-the-cough-medicine-talking