*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476748-Happy-Holidays
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#476748 added December 23, 2006 at 3:05am
Restrictions: None
Happy Holidays!
Almost 2 weeks ago now, grades were posted on our school's website. This semester I worked my ass off in this class.... Holocaust.... really interesing class, but very tough material due to the emotion, but also due to what the professor expected of us. I made a B on the mid-term. Not bad. I worked really hard on the paper that counted 20% of our grade and on the final that counted 40%. Well, grades were posted, I had a B in his class. After a day of being upset about this... I actually noticed that the guy had me down for missing 3 days, but I didn't miss any.

I told Manda about this... she was very insistant on me asking him about it. I thought so too. So, I did. I sent him 2 e-mails (because he had 2 different e-mails) and asked him very nicely if he would check it and tell me my grades. Well, turns out, I made an A in his class afterall.

I know it's just a grade... and honestly, after seeing that 1 B would have put my gpa at 3.97, I thought it was actually kind of funny.
I guess after 3 and a half years of having the 4.0, that it's claimed part of me... it's became somewhat entwined with who I am. I never had the intention of trying to go through college with it. I actually started off trying to make mostly A's in the classes I knew I could make them in so that whenever I got to a class that I couldn't make one in, that it wouldn't hurt me not to make an A.

Now as I've realized more and more that my parents apparently did not plan on any financial aspect of my going to grad school, I've tried to keep the grades up in hopes I convince some school that I'm worth them paying for, basically.

However, on the good news side, one of my professors is willing to talk to me about all the grad school stuff. I'm glad I've gotten to know him a little better over the last few years. Things will work out for the best, I'm sure.

Otherwise, I'm about to go get something to drink. We've got a Christmas Party thing that we do with family/friends on the 24th... so of course the 23rd because the day to finish up any wrapping that hasn't been done and to clean the house, etc. Long grueling day ahead.

Happy Holidays!

© Copyright 2006 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476748-Happy-Holidays