*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477511
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#477511 added December 28, 2006 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Cloned Meat and the FDA: Be Afraid
Are any of you reading this old enough to remember the movie "Solent Green", which was released in 1973? No, humanity is not out growing it's food supply, but the truth of the matter is there are an awful lot of people out there who don't want us to know what we are eating? Why is that?

FDA poised to OK food from cloned animals
Scientists say meat, milk just as safe as from conventional livestock


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16372490/

"Also, FDA believes that no special labels are needed for food from clones or their offspring, the scientists wrote. Consumer groups say labels are a must, because surveys have shown people to be uncomfortable with the idea of cloned livestock."

Er, I'm a lot more than a little uncomfortable with being feed cloned meat, afterall I remember a time when Mad Cow disease didn't exist!!! And in case you don't know the wherefores and whys about Mad Cow - it came about because some really smart people thought it would be okay to feed cows meat products. We also know that Mad Cow Disease is passed genetically. The FDA refuses to let cattle farmers test ALL the cows - do we need to ask why?

So what could happen to people who eat meat or drink milk from cloned animals? Let me count the possibilities... and I'm not just being paranoid...

1. We know the FDA never makes mistakes and always has the consumers best interest in mind everytime a decision is made, right?

Cloned Animals on the Dinner Plate?

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/foodsafety/labeling-1/cloned-animals-on-th...

“I believe a normal clone has yet to be made,” stated Rudolf Jaenisch, professor of biology at the Massachusetts of Technology. “You can’t tell me that 95 percent die before birth and the other 5 percent are normal.”

I don't know what can be done to stop any of this 'selling cloned meat and milk' to the unsuspecting public... I just know that nothing good is going to come from it!!!

I've ocassionally and very loudly and within ear shot of a bunch of other shoppers asked the manager of my local grocery store if he can honestly tell me that the beef he's selling is MAD COW DISEASE FREE... no, of course he can't...

I don't know about ya'll but I'm fixing to find a local cattle rancher and start buying my beef from local sources. I want to know who to blame when I get ill.

Farmer: Cloned Cows May Be Sold for Meat
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237600,00.html

Cloned Meat and Milk Deemed Safe
http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10167

So now when city folks want to teach their kids about OLD MacDonald and farm animals... what is the appropriate age to tell a child that not all cows, pigs, goats, and chickens are not really cows, pigs, goats, or chickens - THEY'RE CLONES...



© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477511