*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477770-Clicking-Through-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#477770 added December 30, 2006 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Clicking Through Life
When was the last time you watched a movie and it stuck with you for days if not weeks after?

Some would say Adam Sandler's movies are sophomoric even if they are funny, but one thing I've noticed is most have an underlying message. Some are more obvious than others.

Click was one of the more obvious ones.

Sandler’s character, Michael Newman has a life most people would envy with a gorgeous wife, two children and great job. Still, he is discontent, his sole goal is attain all his future wants and needs such as promotions and money.

He runs into Morty (played by Christopher Walken, one of my favorite actors), who gives him a universal remote that controls time. Newman can now fast forward through life to the times in his future such as his work promotions, and without having to endure the actual work that gets him there.

With remote being “self-programming” Newman discovers he cannot stop the fast-forwarding. In the end he loses his wife, his children, even his life, having missed out on everything that truly mattered to him. Well, that’s kind of the end. I'll say no more in case you haven’t seen the movie yet.

I keep thinking as I imagine attaining an agent, seeing my books published, in my dreaming, am I stopping to take the time to enjoy each day I’m given now? Am I ignoring today as I strive for tomorrow?

Will I, at the end of my life, regret not stopping to enjoy the people I love and everything else in God’s creation?

With 2007 fast approaching, it’s easy to say, “I will do this, I will do that.” Some I know I will do, others I will start and never finish. Working to attain goals is a good thing, but it’s important to enjoy other things in life as well; not to be so focused on one thing I miss out on everything else.

I decided to let 2007 come when it comes, and let my 2007 goals sit for a bit. I have two more days of 2006 to take advantage of, even if it’s spending it with my hubby and puppy doing nothing but enjoying each other’s company.

I pray you also enjoy fully these last days of 2006.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477770-Clicking-Through-Life