*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478284-Kicking-off-the-New-Year-
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#478284 added January 1, 2007 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
Kicking off the New Year ...
Happy 2007, all! *Smile* Yesterday at work was great. I had a lot of downtime to do some reading and writing. (I'm currently working on a revised manuscript for Destination:Berlin) I've wanted to "clean up" Berlin for a while and it's time. I just need to stop putting off that project. When I finish, I hope to get back to TWILIGHT.

I have today off and later on today will be dedicated to cleaning up the holidays.

My only other topic today is New Year's resolutions. I don't make them anymore. I used to when I was younger - a teenager and then a young adult and I never thought they were too challenging, but you know, I always had the HARDEST time trying to stick to them. So now I just don't. I just pass well wishes and happy thoughts on to all for the New Year's.

I suppose New Year's needs a "theme" and "resolutions" seems the perfect theme, but for me, they just don't work. Now, what would I like for 2007?

I'm looking forward to watching the boys grow, and I'm hoping to get a BIG FAT check from the Feds for my income tax. *Bigsmile*. I want to take Andrew to Disneyland at least ONCE this year, and I want to build upon the success and writing credit I earned last year. That said - anyone else want to share what they would like for 2007? *Smile*

Mind you, I do find myself looking back over the last ten years and saying "where did it go?" I got out of the army in NOV 1997. Then there a year at law school, and a couple of moves before I signed on with the LAPD and we bought the house here in Castiac. Then there's the kids. Time went by too fast.

Doesn't it always seem like that - when you're a kid, time moves agonzingly slow, but when you're grown up it moves too fast? Sigh...

Anyhoo...It's been a rich, rewarding ten years. I really matured and I'm glad for it. Time has given me insight into myself and others which is valuable for my interaction with them. This is the highest point - the summer solitate (sp?) for me. Now, my life will slowly inch it's way to the september equinox. I know it's going to be a rich, rewarding ride.

How's that for some New Year's thoughts? Does it make up for not having a resolution?

That said - I'm looking forward to Guest Editing on the Jan 24th Drama Newsletter. I've all ready researched my topic and organized my notes. I hope to see you guys there.

*Smile* Steph

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478284-Kicking-off-the-New-Year-