*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478310-Onward
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#478310 added January 1, 2007 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Onward
Well lookie here! The world didn't end after all! I guess that means I have to start implementing my 2007 plans. Shucks. You know what that means, right?

Work!

One thing I wrinkle my nose at God over is him forcing me to work for my goals. Sheesh. He has the power, ya know. With a mere thought on his part and nary a bubble of sweat on his brow, he could give me all I want and make all of my dreams come true.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) God isn't my rich uncle whose only form of showing his love is through material presents to make my life easier. Nope, God doesn't love that way. He gives us gifts, raw and unrefined, and in turn expects us to use them, refine them, and achieve our goals - and hopefully his as well - with our own bubbles of sweat on our brow.

That's my only goal for 2007; to use the raw talents He gave me, shine them up, and use them as he expects.

Kinda scary if I dwell on it too much, though. God has high expectations, and there are times I wonder if I can live up to them. I know as I work toward my goals I will suffer through those terrible voices of insignificance, lack of confidence, jealousy of others . . . do I really need to go on?

Yet I know I'll get through it all, including any unexpected challenges with regard to other aspects of my life. I have not only God by my side, but you as well. As I go through my previous entries of 2006, whenever I walked through a valley, you walked with me, pushing me ahead and into brighter ways. I know you will walk with me through newer, possibly darker paths as well as the light ones.

I praise God for each one of you, and love you all.

I can't imagine 2007 without you.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478310-Onward