*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478714-New-Year-Kiss
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #1197540
Entries for Competition's I've entered.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#478714 added January 3, 2007 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
New Year Kiss
She looked around her, panic setting in as she could not find her friends. Feeling like a sardine in the crowded room, she tried to make her way towards the exit to see whether they were outside.

Separated from her friends from the time they entered the club, she still had not been able to locate them.

All three being dateless, they had all decided to spend New Years Eve at the new club that had opened down the road, but having entered the place, her friends appeared to have deserted her.

Having just gone through a messy break up, she had become something of a creature of comfort, exiting from the social scene all together.

Her friends finding this unhealthy thought it best to drag her out of her self-pity and convinced her to come along to the New Years celebrations with them. Right now though, she had lost all sense of wanting to celebrate!

Noticing a man across the room who was watching her progress towards the exit, he gave her a lazy smile. She felt her insides began to melt with his action, unable to stop the colour that washed over her.

She made her way outside, trying to find her friends above the growing crowd who had piled outside for show. Great! The countdown’s about to start… and I have no one to celebrate it with! She thought, as she watched everyone around her begin to pair up.

10… 9… 8… the panic began to build… 3… 2… “Oh!” she squealed, as suddenly, strong lean arms grabbed her around the waist and spun her around, the man she noticed from across the room, leaning in to kiss her passionately.

“Mmmmm” she whispered, “2007’s looking better already!” as fireworks exploded around them.



(Entry for Highwind's Weekly Flash Fiction - wordcount: 295 words)

© Copyright 2007 Ren King (UN: renking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ren King has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478714-New-Year-Kiss