*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478732-The-Proposal
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #1197540
Entries for Competition's I've entered.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#478732 added January 3, 2007 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
The Proposal
The heavy blizzard masked Isabella Grady’s screams. She knew her attempts to call out for help would be unheeded; everyone believed her to be locked away safely in her room. If only she’d given this a little more thought, she might have been able to avoid this!

She had to get out of the house though, away from all the prying eyes. She needed time to think. Riding her faithful mare, Silvana, had always helped her to clear her mind.

Her thoughts were in such turmoil that she hadn’t noticed the snow storm approaching until it was too late.

Silvana reared when a squirrel darted across her path, spooking her. As Isabella, falling from her horse, tried to calm her down, Silvana reared and kicked her to the ground; then raced off in the direction they’d come.

Isabella had no idea how long she had lain there before she heard a familiar voice calling her name – the very one she had been running away from. The voice got closer and it wasn’t long until its owner was looking down at her.

How ironic that the very man she was trying to avoid, should be the one to rescue her. She had refused his offer of marriage, believing it to be in jest... he’d always seemed so cold when he spoke to her.

Looking into his eyes, she glimpsed what appeared to have been real fear in his eyes. Could she have read him wrong the whole time?

“Isabella my love, I thought I had lost you…” his voice trembled “I’ve been the most unmitigated fool! Can you ever forgive me?”

Before she could respond, he cupped her face between his hands, and kissing her passionately, put an end to any thoughts she had of refusing his offer of marriage.


Word count: 299 (entry for the Daily Flash Fiction Comp)

© Copyright 2007 Ren King (UN: renking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ren King has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478732-The-Proposal