*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479600-J-6--back-to-the-romance-story
by flicka
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1188381
This is a blog for my Daily Writing challenge
#479600 added January 6, 2007 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
J-6 back to the romance story


Laura knew as soon as she stepped into the lobby that the man standing behind the wheelchair was Robby Wayton.
Remembering that the people were at the Nursing home for a tour Laura turned her attention to the older lady sitting in the wheelchair. " Hi I am Laura your tour guide for today." And you must be Mrs. Wayton and you are Robby , her son if I remember right?" Even after 30 years his smile made her heart flutter a little.
His whole face lit up when he smiled. "I go by Thomas now and you must be Laura Reilly. " Thomas's mother caught on right away. " You two went to school together didn’t you? Why I haven’t heard him called Robby for over 25 years."
Mrs. Wayton either didn’t know or didn’t remember that Laura and Thomas had been more then just friends in school. They had been " the item " all through their senior year and the following summer. Until Thomas's father had sent him away to a college that was far to expensive for Laura's family to afford.

In th weeks that followed Mrs Wayton settled into her apartment and began attending several of the social activities that the facility held for its residents.
At the same time Laura and Thomas found reasons to see each other almost every day.


© Copyright 2007 flicka (UN: msflicka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
flicka has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479600-J-6--back-to-the-romance-story