*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480002-J-7
by flicka
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1188381
This is a blog for my Daily Writing challenge
#480002 added January 8, 2007 at 4:18pm
Restrictions: None
J-7


Mras Wayton had turned into quite the social butterfly, much to her son's delight. After her husbands death many years ago Mrs Wayton had become very with drawn and this had caused Thomas some concern as his mother had been very outgoing and socialized with many people both men and women.
Now he was glad that she was getting involved in some social activities.
At breakfast Mrs Wayton sat at a small table in the community dining room. " Hi I am Walter and I was wondering if I could eat breakfast with you? " Hi I am Ellen and it would be a pleasure."
Ellen folded the paper she had been reading and put it aside.

The breakfast dishes were cleared and they had lingered over a 3rd cup of coffee when Walter glanced at his watch " Ellen it has been a pleasure and I would like to join you again tomarrow morning but I must go now as I have company comong in a little while. "
Ellen smiled, " I would be very grateful if you would join me for breakfast. You have put a little more brightness in my day and I thank you for that." Walter stood up, leaning on a cane. " I will see you in morning then " and he turned and walked out of the dining room.

Ellen Wayton went back to her room where she picked up the phone to call Thomas and let him know that some how she knew

© Copyright 2007 flicka (UN: msflicka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
flicka has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480002-J-7