*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479955-Days-and-dazed
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#479955 added January 8, 2007 at 4:18pm
Restrictions: None
Days and dazed
Okay. It's been days and days since I posted anything. I went from barfing to having a sore throat to coughing and coughing and coughing. I think we're on the home stretch on this cold or whatever it was. *Smile* Finally.

Things have been tough. Allison, my son's former girlfriend, drove in from Memphis to pick up the rest of her things here and to deliver some of my son's things. Having her leave was sad. My son still loves her but says he's not in love with her. He still considers her his best friend, but she's really not handling this well. Neither am I, frankly. I really love Allison.

Derek is dating someone else now. I like Laura too. It just takes some getting used to the idea that Derek and Allison aren't getting married.

After Allison arrived back in Memphis, her dog disappeared as she and her mom were unloading the car. I still haven't heard whether or not they ever found him. I surely hope so. Allison has had Bone since she was about 14, I think. That's 7 years! Losing both your boyfriend and your dog cannot be an easy thing. I also heard that the dad of one of her lifelong friends was in ICU when she got back to Memphis. And she's supposed to be starting a new job today. What a mess. When it rains, it pours?

My son's job may be in at risk. He works the night shift at our local Target and it seems that having a new super Wal-Mart just down the road has affected business there. I guess if things don't pick up his 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. shift will be cut. Instead, they'll be offering him a shift starting at 3 a.m. Since he's still not driving and I'm his ride to work, that's not going to work at all. He tried a shift for a while that started at 5 a.m. That would certainly be better...

Meanwhile, once winter is over with, my son really does need to learn to drive.

The kitty we got just a few days before Christmas has me worried. Opera eats all the time, but she's all skin and bones. I think a visit to the vet is in order. I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
(I keep thinking back to when I was a single mom in Texas. My son and I could see our family doctor for $65, but every time we took our dog to the vet the bill was always over $100, often closer to $200. I wonder why that is?)

Having the kitty around has been good for our cat. It used to be that around 3 a.m. Piewacket would realize that Jim and I were sound asleep and she was in the living room all alone. She would start to meow and howl as only a cat can do. Jim would meow back at her, telling her to join us in the bedroom. And that would go on until she gave up and came to bed. Now, she chases the kitty around the house at 3 a.m. Lucky for me I sleep rather soundly. *Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/479955-Days-and-dazed