*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481341-Chapter-8
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1202586
A problematic teenage girl is hurled into a world that no average human is aware of.
#481341 added January 14, 2007 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8
      I lay quietly on the roof of my normal perch in the center of the cemetery after the sun had gone down.  The world spun around me.  I could see as my breath floated above me and drifted away.  A nearly empty bottle of whisky was clenched in my hand.  I took the last swig and looked around myself.  Empty bottles of vodka and other various strong drinks lay around me.  I slowly sat up, my face felt hot.  Looking down at the other gravestones around me, I angrily chucked the whisky bottle and it shattered on impact of a head stone.  I grabbed another bottle; this time of spiced rum and started in on that, taking large swigs.  I stared at the shards of the previous bottle that had been dispersed, and at that moment something startled me, a voice.
“Angel, How are you this evening?”  I turned to see, sitting on the opposite corner of the mausoleum roof, was that woman, Tara.  I swallowed the liquid in my mouth, hard, and reduced my eyes to slits as I squinted.  Glancing at the bottle, and back to her, I thought to myself that I was way past drunk if I was hallucinating.  At any rate, I glared at her, as I did not appear even the slightest bit well.  “Ah, yes, silly question.”
“This is all your fault!”  I yelled out in the middle of the empty cemetery, my voice echoing only off of the trees, speech slurred.  “You did this to me!”  I stood up and staggered slightly.  I reached into my pocket and pulled out a cigarette and lit it.  Tara rose slowly.  “Stay where the f*** you are.”  I said as I pointed my cigarette at her, then proceeded to take another drag.
“Do you even know what it was that I did to you.”  She cocked her head slightly to the side with a look of puzzlement.  I placed my finger on the backside of one of my canines to show her.
“This!” I said with my finger still in my mouth, I removed it.  “You turned me into some sort of f***ing freak!”  Quicker than anything I could comprehend, she seemingly disappeared, and re-appeared behind me.
“I resent the freak comment.  You are a vampire, and there are not enough apologies for me to give to convince you to forgive me.”  My stomach sank.  I took a few steps forward and turned around, but my momentum carried me backwards and I fell down.
“Damn, if I was sober hearing all of this, it would probably posses me to drink.”  She chuckled slightly and sat down next to me.  Then, she proceeded to explain that Hollywood has been portraying vampires wrongly in every sense of the word.  She told me that they could indeed walk around in the day, and that garlic was not used to ward them off.  She didn’t bother explaining holy objects to me, for I had blurted out in the midst of her saying that, that I resented church and religion.  I guess it was the fact that I was so very drunk, and the stress on my brain caused by the overload of information, but I had blacked out and slumped over.  I don’t remember what had happened after that, or how I had even gotten home.  Though, I snapped awake at around four in the morning realizing that I was in my own bed, once again trying to decipher if the nights endeavors had been a dream.  This time, however, I knew that they had not been.
© Copyright 2007 K.L.Jones (UN: shades_of_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
K.L.Jones has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481341-Chapter-8