*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481408-Chapter-8-More-Gifts
by Ninja
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1200204
The story of a mentally tormented man who becomes involved with a new kind of woman.
#481408 added January 14, 2007 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8: More Gifts
Telepathy, teleportation, and as Felicia told me, soon to come: telekinesis. So much power in so little time. Why?

Felicia carried me away gently between her breasts as I huddled against her in confused fear and sadness. She stroked me and whispered words with no sound.

I understood this not, but content by her comforting, I forgot my current troubles and tried to sleep, rest, or something.

Felicia was entering a dock now. She walked out and got into a special looking female armor with a unique black and red paint scheme, much like my old veritech. The pressure lock closed and she took off and flew into space. “LITTLE DEAR,” she said to me gently, looking down at me, “I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU.” With her words, Felicia took me out, set me in front of the monitor, and smiled as she saw my delighted response.

Out there floating in front of the female armor was what had to be a black and red veritech. Much like my old one, it was in fighter mode and appeared to have some sleek new modifications to it. It seemed more lethal, stealthy and compact. Blades were built into the veritech’s wings and some other parts.

“How could you have…?” I began to ask but was interrupted.

“I FORESAW YOUR COMING AND YOUR STRONG PSYCHIC POWERS,” Felicia said, answering my question. “I STARTED HAVING IT BUILT LONG BEFORE YOU WERE CAPTURED, CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU.” She looked down at me. “NOW TELEPORT INTO THE COCKPIT,” she commanded, patting my head one last time.

I had never thought about doing anything like this, but with Felicia’s confidence, I envisioned the flight seat, and sure enough, the odd moving feeling and there I was sitting.

<NOW,> Felicia said to me, <TELEKINETICALLY OPEN THE BOX TO YOUR RIGHT.>

Unsure but with an idea of what to do, I envisioned the metal box to my right coming open. I could feel some physical and mental strain on my part, and the box did open up, just as I had willed it.

Inside the box was an outfit of clothing and armor: the exact set that I had worn in my first psychic vision.

As if by subliminal suggestion, I immediately donned the new outfit, red scarf-cape and all. I felt changed somehow as I put on the dark garb, more powerful, but different in some other way as well.

<WE WILL MODIFY YOUR WEAPONS WHEN YOU RETURN,> Felicia said, but before I could ask any further questions, she responded: <I WANT YOU TO MURDER FOR ME, LITTLE DEAR. NOW READ IT FROM MY MIND.>

With my powers warmed up, I closed my eyes and focused, attempting to delve into Felicia’s mind, past her thoughts.

What was in her mind: [THERE IS A BAND OF HUMAN INFILTRATORS WHOM WE HAVE ALLOWED TO BREAK THROUGH OUR PERIMETER. GO AND SLAUGHTER EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM. I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU HERE.]

A map of the area was psychically projected into my mind. Everything was laid out.

I needed no clearer instructions. I felt a slightly evil, sinister smile consume my lips and eyes. I took my controls and started up the Soul Render (as I decided to name the Veritech) and took off, whispering the response: “Yes, Felicia…”
© Copyright 2007 Ninja (UN: darkninja at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ninja has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481408-Chapter-8-More-Gifts