*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481394-Chapter-7-The-First-Duel
by Ninja
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1200204
The story of a mentally tormented man who becomes involved with a new kind of woman.
#481394 added January 14, 2007 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 7: The First Duel
Felicia’s presence apparently assisted in the blooming of my psychic talents for some reason I could not decipher. We traveled on, being transported in a small craft through space from the capital ship we were on, to a kind of huge Arena ship of absolutely enormous proportions. We docked in the semi-spherical behemoth, and Felicia carried me until she arrived at a door marked “Combatants Only.”

There stood an attractive blonde Zentraedi with a blue BDU and black lacey sandals. Her thoughts as she saw me: [WOW, HE’S CUTER THAN I THOUGHT HE WOULD BE.] She saluted on Felicia’s arrival and said: “REPORTING FOR DUTY, COMMANDER!”

Felicia saluted and then nodded to the woman. “ELYSSA, I AM PUTTING YOU IN CHARGE OF TAKING CARE OF BOBBY, THIS MICRONIAN, UNTIL I RETURN. YOU WERE BRIEFED BEFORE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?”

Elyssa’s thoughts: [YEAH, YEAH, I’LL TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE THING.] “YES MA’AM,” she responded to Felicia.

<BEHAVE FOR ME LITTLE DEAR,> Felicia telepathically said to me, giving me a light smile with her dark lips. She took me from between her breasts and handed me to Elyssa, who took me and placed me in the breast pocket of her BDU top.

I waved goodbye to Felicia and then looked up at my new caretaker.

Her thoughts: [AWW, THAT IS SO CUTE.] Her breast was soft behind my body, lulling me to lie back on it as she began to walk away. It bounced in a heavenly manner so I lost myself in the experience.

I was now being able to exert greater control over my mental enhancements. I could control how fast time appeared to be passing within a range: very slow to normal. I could also silence the murmur of thoughts in my brain or specifically tune into individuals with greater clarity.

Elyssa eventually sat down in a comfy seat in an open box with a perfect view of the circular arena floor some distance below. She set me on the edge of the rail of the box, giving me an even better view.

The arena battleground was quite simple in its design. It consisted of a center circular area that was elevated, a slightly sloped circle outside of that one lowering in elevation, and a final circle at a low elevation that went out to the wall. There were four doors, and the floor was made of a material that I could not determine.

“NOW THE COMBATANTS WILL TAKE THEIR PLACES,” an announcer called over some kind of network of speakers.

There were four large monitors in the fashion of a square across the arena displaying the action. Huge crowds of giant Zentraedi, all female, were seated and cheering various things all about in the stands.

“ENJOY,” Elyssa said with a smile, patting me on the head. Her thoughts: [I WONDER IF FELICIA WOULD LET ME BORROW HIM?]

I watched as Felicia and Miriya entered the battlefield from opposite doors.

Felicia was dressed as before in her armor. She walked into the circle and looked directly into my eyes. She smiled and turned back to face Miriya. She returned to her look of cold confidence.

Miriya was wearing armor similar to Felicia’s, but with obvious personal merits and preferences. Her pretty green hair was pulled into a pony tail. She was barefoot as was Felicia.

The two were unarmed, staring each other down, and awaiting the signal to begin their duel, for honor and reputation. Soon enough, the buzzer rang and the two at last entered combat.

They both began by taking to the high ground. There, they immediately engaged in the exchange of blows. Miriya threw several punches at Felicia, who gracefully dodged each one of them and responded with a reverse spin kick. Miriya caught this kick and swung Felicia towards the wall.

The crowd cheered and booed in an uproar.

In midair, Felicia turned her body and jumped off the wall as she landed on it. From there, she landed on Miriya’s shoulders, sending Miriya to the ground and Felicia jumping off to the ground in the center. Miriya sprung up in reaction and turned, charging into Felicia as she turned around. Miriya’s takedown left her on top of Felicia, which Miriya took advantage of by volleying punches down on Felicia. With amazing speed, Felicia dodged all of Miriya’s attacks then followed up by kicking Miriya hard in the side. Miriya rolled off of Felicia, clearly in pain, and stood up as Felicia also stood up.

“FINISH HER!” Elyssa called out. Her thoughts: [I WONDER IF BOBBY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE TWO MICRONIANS THAT I FOUND NEAR THAT CRASHED THINGY IN THE DESERT?]

What was she talking about? Could it be?

Miriya attempted to charge Felicia again but missed. She tried to throw punch after kick after punch at Felicia but met with no contact.

I attempted to read Elyssa’s mind past her thoughts.

Her mind: [HIS NAME IS NA--] Suddenly, Elyssa began to scream in agony, throwing off my reading. In a thrush of pain, she struck me with her hand, sending me flying off the edge.

Felicia caught one of Miriya’s punches and reversed it into a slam to the ground. Miriya was unconscious, her look of frustrated determination fading.

I fell down toward the floor of the arena, toward imminent death. At my command, time slowed, but what to do? I was falling faster so I straightened my body to begin an even descent. Just a few tens of feet before I hit the ground, everything blurred for a moment. I felt my body moved instantly, and I was standing next to Miriya’s head on the arena floor.
© Copyright 2007 Ninja (UN: darkninja at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ninja has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481394-Chapter-7-The-First-Duel