*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481783-My-Weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#481783 added January 16, 2007 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
My Weekend
17 Sharaf 163 B.E. - Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I had an interesting and busy weekend. On Saturday afternoon, between thirteen hundred hours and seventeen hundred hours, Mom and I went to the Baha’i Center on West Oakey. That day we took Ruhi Book 6, for refreshments everyone brought something to eat. Mom and I took a veggie tray. I need to complete a prayer list and a personal teaching plan for that study circle. Also, I’ve got to write something on either the Bab or Baha’u’llah for the other study circle. Then give an illustrated presentation of it on a home visit.

On Sunday, from eleven thirty hours to thirteen thirty hours we went to the Baha’i center for a Ruhi tutors meeting. Although, I haven’t yet facilitated a class, I’m a tutor. In fact, I’m going to co-facilitate a book 1 on Sunday afternoons at seventeen hundred hours soon. I can facilitate Books one and two. I’ll soon be about to do Books 3, 4 and 6 as well. I’ve got to find Book 7 and reread the part of tutoring Book 1 and read the part of the book I didn’t do at the intensive Book 7 course I took.

Sunday it was cold, when we got home I opened the garage door and put the car in. The door wouldn’t close, so I went out and locked the car. The garage door still won’t close. I’ve go new batteries in the opener, so I think it may be something else. It could be the cold weather and it could be another problem. I tried closing it again yesterday and will attempt it today. I know there is a way to close the door without the opener, the problem there is that I’m not strong enough to manually open the door without help. In addition, I don’t know where the key to is that unlocks the automatic mechanism, I’ll find it. If I can’t find it I’m going to have to have a new door opener put in and that costs money. Maybe I’ll try getting some more new batteries, before deciding on anything else.

We also finally bought a 24 pack of Pepsi this weekend. The regular Pepsi and not the Wild Cherry, Mom and I prefer the Wild Cherry, but we couldn’t find any in the store and when I went in I didn’t have time to wait for them to see if there was any in the storage room, because we were going to the Center at the time. So we settled for the regular. It’s been a while since we had soda in this house. We didn’t have soda (in the house) in either November or December of 2006. I don’t think we had any in the house in September either.

Considering how long it’s been since we had cans of soda in the house, we been very self-controlled. We’ve only had one soda a piece since we bought the Pepsi. Of course, while Pepsi has caffeine in it, it also has sugar. We don’t drink diet soda unless we’re attending an event and that’s all they have. Actually, given the choice between diet soda and fruit juice or hot tea, I’d rather have either the hot tea or the juice. I just don’t like the taste of diet soda or the effect it has on me. Whatever they use in the diet soda gives me headaches, so I avoid it as much as possible.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481783-My-Weekend