*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481796-Life-is-Complicated-Right
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#481796 added January 16, 2007 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Life is Complicated, Right?
I took our cat, Piewacket, to the vet's office this morning. She was none too thrilled to get her leash on this morning, although she usually loves walking. She fussed about getting in the car. Yesterday's memory of the car trip and vet trip were obviously still fresh in her mind.

The vet's office called a little while ago. When they shaved Pie's belly, the discovered that she had already been spayed. That's one expense we don't have to have.

But...the blood tests from yesterday had come back, and one of her readings for white blood cells was elevated quite a bit. For cats, normal is 2 and Pie's reading was 16. Not good.

The vet thinks perhaps Pie has heartworms, which, she informed me, is harder to treat in cats than it is in dogs. It also makes putting her under anesthesia a danger, and they had wanted to give her mild sedation to see what's going on in her throat. She still can't meow.

They'll be doing more extensive blood tests and fecal sample tests to find out exactly why her white cells are elevated. Meanwhile, we certainly don't want to put her under, since it could cause her to die in the process.

There's a slight chance that the elevated white cells could mean cancer. But the vet said there's less of a chance of that than the heartworms.

We need to know what's wrong with our poor cat. So the extra tests are being done this afternoon.

Here's hoping and praying that it's nothing serious. We really don't have the money for extensive treatments. We also don't want to lose this important part of our household.

***********

I'm still coughing, but haven't even thought about making a doc appointment for myself. Sleeping on the recliner in the living room isn't fun, but it does help me not cough all night.

***********

Tomorrow, hubby Incurable Romantic has a trip to his doc to see what can be done to bring his blood pressure down.

***********

Yes indeedy, life is complicated.

************

You know, if we could sell the 1925 Steinway antique baby grand player piano that sits in our living room, it would help our finances. (It would also mean I could have living room furniture!) Don't suppose you know any who wants to buy it? For a friend of a friend, we'd gladly take $14,000. It surely is beautiful.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481796-Life-is-Complicated-Right