*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481989-Todays-News-and-Blues
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#481989 added January 17, 2007 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Today's News and Blues
Not much to report on our kitties today. Piewacket must not have enjoyed her visit to the vet. Since she got home last night, she has been spending most of her time behind Tiffany's bedroom door near the heat vent there. Hiding. Poor thing. The first day at the vet, she had her butt poked to get her temperature. The second day she had her belly shaved to see if she'd been spayed yet. The latest blood tests won't be back for a few days.

Meanwhile, now we have the task of getting stool samples for both kitties. Or rather challenge, since they share a litterbox. *Bigsmile*

********

Nothing to report on hubby's health yet, since his doctor's appointment isn't until later this afternoon.

********

We've still have been blessed with better winter weather than usual (and than other areas). Yes, we finally cold temperatures, more usual for this time of year. And we did get another snow dusting yesterday and last night. But nothing more than a dusting.

********

Two bad accidents in our area today. Early this morning, a school bus crashed and all 17 kids and the bus driver went to the hospital. Most of the kids, especially in the back of the bus, had injuries, albeit minor ones. They showed one girl just a while ago on the news. She had bruises on lower body that couldn't be seen. But she had obviously had lots of glass in her face. She had red scratches and small gashes all over her face. Sure hope there's no scarring. I think only two kids were hurt badly.

The horrible thing is that some of the kids the news folks interviewed said the the bus driver - a woman - was playing games on her cell phone when she lost control of the bus. It swerved to one side of the road, then to the other, and finally ended up hitting a pole. If they're right, that bus driver is in for some trouble.

The other accident was between a pick-up truck and a train. The pick-up truck driver must have tried to get across the tracks before the train. He failed and both the driver and passenger died. Why in the world do people try that???

I remember when I lived in Jackson, Michigan years ago, the trains went right across town a couple of times a day. One was early in the morning, right about the time everyone was trying to get to work. There were many times when that train made folks late for work. Grrr.

There were also Amtrack trains that came through, but usually later in the day. Once, I was crossing train tracks and when I got across them, I heard the warning sounds going off. As I looked in my rear view mirror, the gate closed just behind my car and then an Amtrack train came zooming down the tracks. Scared me to death.

When I cross train tracks, I always look for trains, even if the signals are not going off. I did so that time too, and that Amtrack train was no where in sight. Boy do they go fast. I cannot imagine trying to beat a train. They're waaaaaaaaaay too big and even going at a snail's pace, they'd do horrible damage to any vehicle.

**********

My buddy Bud started a series of essays about blogging. Do check it out.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1203966 by Not Available.


And don't forget to check his blog too:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1183984 by Not Available.
(No, he doesn't pay me to plug his blog!) *Laugh* Really.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481989-Todays-News-and-Blues