*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482033-Nothing-New
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#482033 added January 17, 2007 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Nothing New
I went to see a 'Medium' with my friend Big Pam this morning. We do this from time to time, generally when we're bored and it's too cold for swimming. Not that we take it very seriously but we're curious and enjoy comparing readings.

Mediums aren't gypsies or fortune tellers and don't make heavy predictions. I was a little disappointed this one used Tarot cards as I prefer a reading without props and gadgets.

When she started by telling me my dad's in the spirit world, I have three children and my marriage is a happy one I had to check there wasn't someone else in the room and wondered if I should ask for a refund.

However things improved after the bad start. She said a holiday is on the horizon - hubby was out at the time trying to find a last minute deal for next week.

She then told me there's been a recent wedding in the family but there was something weird connected with it. She said someone dropped a bombshell and there's been rows about it. But, it will be alright now an olive branch has been offered. The wedding she felt was my son's and she didn't feel it would last a lifetime.

She returned to the three children and assessed that two of them belong to my stepdaughter. The third she predicts will belong to my son. OMG - I certainly hope not.

She didn't mention carrots at all, so I won't either.

Afterwards Big Pam and I went for a coffee and teacake and concluded we'd paid £25 to hear things we already know. *Laugh* I guess we just want to hear we're going to be rich, famous or worshipped by Robbie. Such is life but we live in hope.

I then walked up to la la land where my father was definitely there in the flesh although maybe the spirit she referred to was the one in his glass.

She also predicted I'd pick up a bargain in a clothes shop so I made up my mind that's a good enough reason to spend the day shopping tomorrow, weather permitting. It would make a change from the supermarket...and carrots.

© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482033-Nothing-New