*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482422-Its-a-Funny-Old-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#482422 added May 5, 2014 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
It's a Funny Old Life
I decided to brave the elements yesterday despite gales of between sixty and ninety miles an hour and heavy rain showers. Some things can't be allowed to get in the way of a shopping expedition. I concluded if the train turned up I'd go and if it didn't...well, obviously I wouldn't. It pulled into our little station right on time; a good omen I thought.

I shopped and dropped for a few hours, bought a couple of skirts but no shoes or carrots. I then headed to the station in Nottingham to return home and discovered all the trains had been cancelled. So much for my psychic abilities. Hubby came to the rescue but it meant hanging around in the foul weather for nearly an hour and a late dinner. All this for a couple of skirts I probably won't wear all winter because it's too cold, wet and blustery. Oh well, I never claimed to be sensible.

Today I've been to the hairdressers which takes most of the day but beats housework. I've had some highlights and lowlights and think it looks better. I tried this once before but didn't like the colour used. Sort of the shade of...how to describe it...hmmm...carrots...yep that's it. Much more subtle this time.

My son rang this morning and we had another pleasant chat. Now I'd like to tell you a little behind the scenes story here. When my troubles began with this saga a very kind WDC member name of Startiara offered some accommodation to my son and wife should they travel to Singapore.

Well they have arrived in Singapore and are presently staying at a friend of Startiara 's complete with pool, gym, sauna and maid. Sheesh - I could do with a bit of that myself. Chwee Khim has gone out of her way to make them welcome and comfortable and I feel extremely honoured to have such wonderful, kind people around me and mine at this time. The world is certainly a small place these days and the kindness of strangers enough to restore my faith.

Chwee Khim sent me an e-mail to say how sweet and lovely they both are and attached a photo of them she took which I'll share with you. Say hello to my new daughter-in-law; I think you all know as much about her as I do. *Laugh* Huge thanks again to Startiara for her thoughtfulness and to all of you who have helped me see this isn't the end of the world but an opportunity to build bridges and face the future with hope.






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482422-Its-a-Funny-Old-Life