*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483226-Im-losing-IQ-points
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1203635
Blogging from a natural-born ranter.
#483226 added January 23, 2007 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
I'm losing I.Q. points
Just had a knock on the door, a buyer is here for his viewing appointment. What appointment? says I. Which is better than just 'duh?', but not by much. I wrote the appt. down for tomorrow, and the house was a wreck. That's a sale I won't be making any time soon. They still wanted to come in and see the house, so I let 'em.

Have now sold the house twice, the first buyers have 72 hours to remove their contingency. The search for the new house in Ann Arbor has to kick into high gear right now. Bob has been house-hunting for us, always a mistake. He falls in love with the sellers' furniture, which leaves with the sellers, of course. He also falls in love with the view. You don't live in a view, you live in a house. I hate his new favorite, it's a horrible house! Bad floorplan, bad wall colors, bad kitchen, it just sucks! This is so not the house for us.

The Marmakitty is having a good day today. He starts his new med, Prednisone, tomorrow, so it should be an even better day. We've decided no more tests, no chemo, no radiation. We're going to give him all the pain meds he wants, and try to make him a happy kitty. However, the vet does think we (read 'I') should learn to "express his bladder". This does not mean chit-chat. It means squeezing the pee out of him so he doesn't wet the bed anymore. I'm not sure it's an improvement. I am sure he won't think it's a good idea. This may come under the heading of "Things I Will Never Do Again". Already on the list: brushing the cat's teeth, clipping his hind claws, climbing into the shower with him to give him a bath, letting him out of his carrier in the car. I like having two hands and arms, no facial scars, and the ability to hit the brake without a 15 pound cat in the way.


© Copyright 2007 Chriswriter (UN: wordwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chriswriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483226-Im-losing-IQ-points