*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483269-Something-To-Talk-About
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#483269 added January 24, 2007 at 12:32am
Restrictions: None
Something To Talk About
How does one write when their head is not in the game?

I keep getting the blog reminders to add something and I keep putting off. But I need to get this nagging email reminder off my back for a few days.

I've been sick. My son is the center of this viral storm. He's had thre different bouts, the first two had him emptying his stomach. This is a legit flu bug now. His temp rose to over 103 degrees this weekend while out of town visiting family. Alternating Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever down. Don't want to give him too much of the Motrin that could affect his liver.

I got it second worst. I still went to my workout at the gym on Monday and did a light, half-hour routine of triceps, biceps and abs....yeesssh. Don't know how I got talked into that. But I survived. Had to shovel out from a snowfall that blanketed our drive while we were away. I was pretty much light headed and a weakling after that. I missed my Tuesday workout. Don't know if I'll be ready for Thursday. The more I exert myself, the longer this thing seems to play out.

I hack so much at night, I can't get good sleep. Slept in a separate bed to help the other half get rest. Only she was up with the kids with there symptoms. I've got to haul both of them to the doctor tomorrow. Wonder if the pediatrician will give me a once over, too. I could go for a lollipop and a Sponge Bob sticker!

Okay, seriuosly. I have been avoiding writing. Haven't felt like it because of these colds and the lack of available time. But what do I do when I have time, squander it doing other things...reviewing, scroll, bots or away from the computer I watch television.

I just want to be able to focus all my energies. I'm a bit down because of the situation with my brother, too. Had a chance to spend some time with him over the weekend. We never talked about it, like I figured would happen. We watched football, ate and said goodbye.

I guess that gets me caught up. No spellbinding, thrilling, adventurous ride with this write, or any other for that matter.

Adieu. Ciao. Aloha. Happy Trails!

© Copyright 2007 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483269-Something-To-Talk-About