*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484056-Stuck-inside-of-Mobile-with-the-Memphis-Blues-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#484056 added January 28, 2007 at 4:54am
Restrictions: None
Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
I think I've been taken over by "Bob Dylan-ness" this evening. It feels like I've been through all this before, like being stuck in a bad nightmare and wanting to wake up. Not that Dylan does that to me. I "won" an old Dylan in London poster on e-bay. Guess I could slip into some Rhapsody while I blog, if it works. I missed taking a college class on Dylan lyrics this semester. It's possible it'll be offered again next year. Sounds like something I'd enjoy. There's always next year.

My latest DueNow writing client is making me nuts. I wrote a 2900 word paper based on instructions that didn't tell me exactly what to do. I can't believe I invested all that time and effort, and she keeps saying, "no, do like this..." and that's when I can't understand her English. She says "like the example I show you...", and I sit down with the best intentions of doing something positive, and I don't get past reading her first example paragraph without throwing up my hands out of the paper not making sense.

I feel bad for my client, poor baby. She needs better English to get along in the world. I'm sure her Cantonese is fine, but dealing with complex theories and concepts when you don't have a grasp of the language...... Well, that's obviously why she paid to have somebody write her paper. I keep writing notes to "support" about things like "help,! give this to somebody else!!!, YOU talk to her.!!!.." All they've done is change my completed listing to a "re-write".

I'm really tearing myself up over this. Anybody with brains would just say forget it, and go on with life. But, as sure as I'm sittin' here, I know I'm going to end up sitting down with her examples and two more articles from the Internet, and trying to write what she wants.

I'll make myself nuts if I deal with it or don't, at least if I deal with it I won't have as much active and open brain space available to worry about it. It must need put ethos. . . .

© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484056-Stuck-inside-of-Mobile-with-the-Memphis-Blues-Again