*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484822-What-the-Reeds-would-Say
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#484822 added January 31, 2007 at 10:10pm
Restrictions: None
What the Reeds would Say
Response to "Invalid Entry by Sarah Rae for "Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

He knew, of course, that it was the wrong thing to do when he did it, but he couldn’t help himself. It was the fact that the king swore him to secrecy that was the problem. If the king had simply ask him not to say anything, without requiring the oath; he would have remained silent. He would not even have told a hole in the ground about those hilarious ears. Therefore, it was obviously the Midas’ fault and not his barber’s that the world knew about the ass’ ears. Every one knew that secrets are easier to keep if those knowing them aren’t sworn to silence.

Besides, who ever heard of trying to hide ass ears. Even an ass isn’t that foolish. Eventually the world would have found out about Midas’ ass ears. There is absolutely no way the king could have kept them a secret for long. Even if the barber hadn’t dug a hole near reeds or the reeds had not whispered the secret to the wind, King Midas’ subjects would have eventually found out about the ears.

After all, a Greek god gave Midas the ears. No self-respecting god or goddess is going to give a king or any other politician ass ears and not let the world find out. It’s more than likely that which ever Greek deity gave King Midas the ass ears, planted the reeds near the barber’s hole. Then caused the wind to blow through the reeds, knowing full well that reeds can’t keep secrets, any more than a barber or any other human being sworn to silence can keep a secret.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484822-What-the-Reeds-would-Say