*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485558-Speaking-my-mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#485558 added February 3, 2007 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Speaking my mind!!!
Feb 3, 2007

First let me say...I'm not a member of any clique that I know of...*Rolleyes*

Yes, this is my second entry for the day.  Bare with me...I'm in a bit of a...mood...have something on my mind. 

I've been here at WDC for just under a month-still a newbie.  In that time I've learned alot and enjoyed almost every minute of it.  I enjoy reading, I enjoy reviewing(though I'm not so very good at it) I enjoy sharing my writing.  I'm nosy and enjoy reading others blogs and comment when I have something to say.  I'm staring to make friends..or at least have regulars that I visit and who have rescued me a time or two. 

In that time I have seen several comments; whether it be in people's blogs or from comments in a blog...or wherever honestly, because I don't remember where they all came from...of the cliques and the groups and people feeling left out.  Now, while I'm starting to make friends and enjoying peoples' blogs and lives, I've not made such good friends that I"m here to defend anyone..and if I were smart I would turn around and walk away.  But I have a tendency to speak my mind and open my mouth all at once. None of this is any of my business, nothing was said to me...but it is something I've seen on here more than once.  I don't want to step on anyone's toes but ...here goes anyway.

WDC is a writing group.  With different people and different tastes.  Some people just belong together and make good friends.  It's no different than in the real world except we can't see one another (except for the occasional eggy picture)  Not everyone is going to bond.  Not everyone is going to be interested in one persons writing.  I've had some positive reviews, some very helpful reviews, and even a not so helpful review.  I take them for what they are.  In the time that I've been here, I"ve been given alot.  I've been given love, support, friendship. I've been given help.  I've been given some very good pointers on writing.  I've been made to feel welcome.  And I"ve made a few mistakes.  I've responded in frustration to a review (my frustration was not with the reviewer but my own inadequecy at trying to do something else on WDC) and then had to apologize..thankfully my apology was accepted quite gracefully and I'm learning not to try to do 2 things at once on here. 

I don't know what people's complaints are about.  I don't know why they feel shortchanged or that no one likes them..and I"ve been known to be touchy at times myself....but the best way to have a friend is to be one..cliche, yes...write, review, go read blogs...and comment!  Understand that people have lives outside of the computer and that if they made it to one blog but not yours..it's probably not a personal judgment...they either ran out of time or had nothing to say!  Did you review one of their pieces or are you just expecting them to stop in?  This is not rocket science, it's life.  It's a relationship.  Those take time! 

Suck it up, move on.  If you want them to be your friend, quit whining about how they won't let you in..and start joining in!  If you have a legitimate issue...take to someone who can do something about it! 


(now we'll see how much hate mail I get!)  That's ok, I have big shoulders...probably bigger than my own mouth....


I'm still grateful for WDC...*Smile*


Now, on a lighter note:


How to Tell the Sex of a Fly

 
 
                         
A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"Hunting Flies" He responded.
"Oh. Killing any?" She asked.
"Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied.
                                       
Intrigued, she asked. "How can you tell?"
He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone."


blessings
Vicky
                                     

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485558-Speaking-my-mind