*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486573-Precious-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#486573 added May 5, 2014 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
Precious Time
The downside of heavy snow is that golf and any other outside activities are cancelled, leaving hubby at a loss as to how to fill his time. He did spend a happy hour at the kitchen sink scrubbing the black bits off a saucepan God love him, but a day at home means I have far more important things to do than that.

*Bullet* My friend Big Pam phoned this morning to inform me she's booked a PANK Limo for her burpday and we gals are to have a PANK day out. Therefore it was essential I immediately foraged in my wardrobe, shoe cupboard and jewellery box to check how many PANK items I have and what I will need to purchase for the day out. After all, her burpday is in April and it takes time to get ready for these auspicious occasions.

*Bullet* After that I cleaned the kitchen radiator. I mean, every person who visits our house heads straight for the kitchen and comments on how filthy and splattered my radiator is. Well, no more - I now own the most pristine, sparkling radiator in the land. Well worth the effort.

*Bullet* Next I decided to wash the curtains and bedding in my son's room. Well, he has mentioned he could be coming home in May although I've yet to broach the subject of where he intends to put his new wife and any other bodies or excess baggage he arrives with. I'm sure they'll appreciate clean curtains whatever.

*Bullet* As I was standing on a chair taking down his curtains I noticed his uplighter lampshade was full of kamikaze insects who'd decided to end it all in there. So, I had to clean that and respectfully dispose of the bodies. RIP Three flies, two moths and a daddy longlegs.

*Bullet* Finally, in preparation for tomorrow's exciting activities, I got the bog cleaning materials ready. Although I always use 'Toilet Duck' for cleaning purposes, my toilet brush actually resides in a pot frog. I noticed bog frog's painted eyes had almost peeled off, so my last important task of the day was to hunt out my paints and restore him to his former glory. Dont you think I did a great job? Okay, not perfect but I never claimed to be related to Michaelangelo.

So,there you have it - another most productive and useful day. Who knows? If it snows again tomorrow I may even try something trivial and a complete waste of time like writing a novel or a serious blog entry.





© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486573-Precious-Time