*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486628-Justice-for-awe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#486628 added February 8, 2007 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
Justice for awe
Response to "Invalid Entry by Deelyte- Chillin' for "Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

“He who possess character and discrimination, who is just, speaks the truth, and does what is his own business, him the world will hold dear.”
Dhammapada 217


The above quote is from a virtue card I have. I couple of years ago I bought a set of virtue cards, each card has a virtue, a quote from one of the sacred scriptures, a paragraph about the virtue, and the picture of an animal either from life or myth on the front. On the back of the card is a list of items about practicing the virtue and an affirmation on the back. The quote above is the scripture verse from the Justice Card. The following verse is about the type of creature on the front of the card.

Justice a dragon
Seeing with her own eyes
Not a blind goddess
Listening to humanity’s lies


Justice forms its own opinion after looking at the evidence.
Justice stands up for the rights of everyone, including herself.
Justice thinks for herself.
Justice avoids backbiting and gossip.
Justice acknowledges her mistakes and accepts the consequences.
Justice shares fairly with others.

Truth, Justice and the American Way


OK, I watched Superman when I was a child. I never found the quote odd until recently. Of course, I’ve found myself thinking more for myself anymore than just accepting blindly what I read, hear or even see on T.V. Maybe that’s why I look closer at the show and movies I watch. Maybe that’s why I read banned books. Maybe that’s why I’ve been questioning the way I choose candidates to vote for in local, state, and national elections.

It’s not that I don’t think truth and justice aren’t the American Way. Actually, truth and justice are spiritual attributes or virtues, which every human being, religion, and nation on Earth can and should practice. They often don’t, but that’s something individuals can work on remedying.

I’m wondering if perhaps one of the problems with practicing justice is that (often) a person isn’t taught to think for him or herself and ask questions; to question our individual views of reality. Another problem is selfishness, self-centeredness and prejudice these also prevent an individual from practicing justice.

Justice when it is practice and does occur is truly awe-inspiring. Not only that, but Justice is the bested beloved of the creator.

One of My Favorite Quotes


O SON OF SPIRIT!
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.
Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words. #2



© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486628-Justice-for-awe