*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487297-Winters-Bleakness
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#487297 added February 11, 2007 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
Winter's Bleakness
The temperature is in the low 40s, the sun's been obscured by clouds all day, and the dankness in the air is predicted to turn to a spring thunderstorm by Monday afternoon. I hate when everything is gray because my emotional psyche soaks it up. Also,k it may be called seasonal affective depression. I know to take some kind of proactive change in my environment to stave off a bout of depression.

For what it's worth, my theory about Anna Nicole's death is that she was so distraught, she was emotionally so drained that her body didn't have the energy to fight the germ she had. Young people dies from being sick all the time. If you ever have a chance to stroll through an old cemetary and read the headstones, you can read how certain winters there were many who entered the grave. Her death is so tragic, it's all so sad--it could be a modern Shakespearean tragedy.

I have a solar light box I need to set up to shine on my face about 4 - 6 hours per day. If I did that regularly for the next six weeks, it would be a positive thing for my health. Being in direct sunshine will also help, if there happens to be a sunny day to take the dog for a walk at the lake.

I'm inspired to write aa anti-seasonal depression article. My new resolution is to get paid thru Pay Pal for writing articles, more informational than academic. There's a job for a 5 page undergrad health response paper on diabetes and PAD. It's not due till March 1st, but I don't want to learn as much as I'd know if I took the job.

Anyhow, Helios, the bloggingnewsnetwork, and associated content pay for articles. Academic articles take a lot out of me. Besides, I need to feel comfortable with a 300 - 5oo word article range. I've not disciplined myself on the length of what I write. That's why a lot of my pieces don't get finished. I'm half motivated to edit "Gandhi" and send it to a publishing co. I'll tell myself to do it before summer.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487297-Winters-Bleakness