*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487974-I-Guess-Thats-Why-They-Call-It-the-Blues
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#487974 added February 14, 2007 at 4:27am
Restrictions: None
I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
I might have felt a little sorry for myself this Valentine's Day. Being single, it's always an issue--a female issue. I can't hate the concept. I like the concept. One of my students wrote as a goodbye note, "Hey Miss, I hope you catch a boyfriend!" That little message has stuck with me all these years. As far as men go, it is an ocean out there. Besides, I'm not currently swimming. Valentine's comes on February 14th no matter what.

At 2:00 am this Valentine's I can report that I've had a couple of "Be Mine"s appear in my life. It's so nice to be remembered by people, especially those you don't see every day.

My first surprise was a box from the postman, an of course, I opened it right up. It's from my girlfriend in Houston. We taught at Hogg Middle School in Houston about 20 years ago. She's always so thoughtful. I wish she could have heard me ooooing and awing as I figured out what it was. On first glace it seemed to be perhaps a dozen beautiful and perfect red and pink rose buds, packaged together in plastic in the shape of a heart. I did a lot of sniffing before I found the sticker that said "soap petals." They are just beautiful--they look so real.

And a friend from italknews sent me a link to get a signed copy of her book, and told some expereinces she's had marketing her book. It was nice of her to think of me. I like having signed copies of books. Only have education books signed until now.

And at my e-mail here I received a C note with chocolate and roses from a sublime friend of mine. Someday we'll meet face to face, but in the meantime, he was thoughtful to think of me. His note said he's never too far away to send an e-mail. So true. Guess that's why they call it the blues..great song by Elton John that I forked over .89 cents to pay for ownership playing rights. Got to get the turntable set back up to the computer again. It worked before I moved.

I have a card and some white shiney "unmentionables" along with a spiral journal that cost a dollar in a box for Mom. Actually, it may all end up in gift bags. That's the way to do it now, isn't it.

I'm trying to set up at pnn. I'd like to know it anyone else statred with them. I don't get it all. I made a page called the Elysian Times. I'm going to fill it with nature and poetry and environmental and philosophical stuff. Then (I hope it's okay. or be a apl and don't tell on me) I have a second web page in the name of critter sitter. That one is going to have cat and dog articles.

One sentimental thing is happening this Valentine's Day. I'm getting my male cat fixed. He's about 8 months old, and as much as I'd love to see white kittens come from an incestual conubial fling, it's not genetically a good idea. He doesn't get to be a daddy.

If I wasn't sure about his activity before tonight, the dog came and got me because the cats were yowling like when they play rough. Caught in the act. The two white cats were seated verticaly on one end of the dark sofa. There was no mistaking "Fella"'s intentions, and "Angel" had a pleasant look on her mug. I told him to go for it if he was gonna. He goes to the vet for fixing after 7:00 am this morning. I just read that seal points in Siamese cats come at different areas of the cat, and one is his fuzzy vanilla colored cotton fluffs. They won't be around to show tomorrow.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487974-I-Guess-Thats-Why-They-Call-It-the-Blues