*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487349-House-with-a-view
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#487349 added February 11, 2007 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
House with a view
Bill's office had a party Friday night, and he made a reservation at a motel on the reservation so we didn't have to drive back home afterwards in the bad fog. (That's funny--the two different meanings of 'reservation.') Saturday we got up and had a swim before breakfast-- what luxury! Then called a realtor to see if we could look at a house I've seen advertised. It has a big deck that overlooks a lake. There was another with acreage that overlooks the Columbia River, but it was too far away. The point of looking at houses at all is so Bill wouldn't have to drive 32 miles to work each day.

There are probably more reasons not to move than there are reasons for it. We'd be leaving a house we like pretty well, and a community and church, and my job. Wouldn't I love to quit work and look out over the lake and write! However, the house was small and not really what we'd want.

Oops, just looked at the clock. I'd better end this and call my kids before it gets too late.
*Smile*

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487349-House-with-a-view