*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487969-Mind-Travel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#487969 added February 14, 2007 at 2:56am
Restrictions: None
Mind Travel
I participated in group meditation Tuesday night, and in focusing on the idea of wholeness, I saw the Helix planetary nebula in my mind’s eye. Just the night before, my husband showed me the immensely beautiful infrared image of the eye-like White Dwarf. My spiritual wonder, in which a discussion could have been further entertained on travel to distant galaxies via nothing more than the mind, was obviously piqued. I will have to get time to draw that conversation out more. On a logic-based, plane of curiosity, I had more concrete thoughts about the image of the nebula. I wondered which space program or research team was behind the publishing of the image. Tonight I did a little research of my own — most are only aware of the Hubble Telescope. That equipment, however, was not the one to bring God’s Eye home to me. Taken from a Caltech press release: “NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., manages the Spitzer Space Telescope mission for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington. Science operations are conducted at the Spitzer Science Center at the California Institute of Technology, also in Pasadena. Caltech manages JPL for NASA.” JPL is in my backyard, who knew the hierarchy?

© Copyright 2007 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487969-Mind-Travel